z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Big Book of Records

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:19 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Ahh...well then whoever owns the pads has to claim it. Sorry. I didn't know. I literally have only two pads...one of which is deleted

And I'll stop spamming this thread now
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Also double posting to request an addition to Notable Achievements for a bit of Storybook love!

My first request is Dungeon Masters, aka those who have earned over 120 points in the Storybook Badges and Challenges. These people are @AstralHunter @sheyren @Magebird @Wolfical @Lumi @soundofmind @TheSilverFox @Omnom

And the second one (while you did add the first completed Storybook) is a list of all Completed Storybooks, since there's only about ten in all of YWS' history. You can see them all here: search.php?search_id=tag_search&f=201&tag=56 (with the exception of Curse of the Wyvern which was accidentally deleted ;_;)

Also Harry you're totally okay :D just figured I would clarify haha
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 am
View Likes
Rook says...

@Omnom already said it but yeah, I just wanted to also point out the thing about the numbers because if it was just the highest number pad, this is my most recent one https://fortis.writerfeedpad.com/62889
lol beat that (but don't, don't remember why I did that years ago but I regret it)

in actuality I only have 108 pads
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:51 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

HarryHardy wrote:Ohh thanks for reminding me @Vil.

I don't think anyone can beat @ScarlettFire

The highest pad that she owns that I was in numbers at https://scarlettfire.writerfeedpad.com/423 but I'm sure that there's more than that.

Actually, it's about 436 now lol

ETA: I think I deleted a couple so WFP tells me 428. Either way, I don't think anyone else has as many as I do LOL someone prove me wrong pls

Capture-mostwfps.JPG
Capture-mostwfps.JPG (25.2 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:28 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

@alliyah the first draft of Book Man was 79,041 words all in one literary work!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:51 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

WHO DARES WAKE ME FROM MY SLUMBER!

Oh, hi @alliyah!

So... um... I'm afraid I'm not actually the first editor of Squills.

I mean, it is true that on 1/22/13, I did post the first Squills thread in its modern incarnation. But the history of Squills is much more interesting. The first editor is not really surprising: it was @Nate. One thing I love about Nate is that he has never been afraid of experimenting with new ideas, and this idea was one.

One article that is helpful is this one:
Squills 7/31/2016 - 8/6/2016 ANNIVERSARY EDITION

I should mention that in it's earliest phase, Squills had a much different form than it does today. Instead of a thread with posts, it was a web magazine/newsletter that required the efforts of an entire team.

It's complexity turned out to be a major issue. Because it was so difficult to do, the team had to do a lot of work, and it was hard to keep people interested in doing the work. Every so often, someone would remember Squills and people would organize, put out a webzine, then it would fade back into obscurity.

My innovation was to look for ways to make Squills easier to produce and scale. Once I realized that the forum architecture was perfect for this, the workload for running and writing for Squills dropped to a manageable level for one person to run, with the load becoming easier as more people contributed. It was like discovering the printing press after publishing everything by hand.

Clever as this was, I feel that the lion's share of the credit belongs to those that followed. While I am good at finding ways to make things better, I'm pretty terrible at doing things consistently. So, I'm really glad that people took Squills over from me.

Spoiler! :
If you're not a mod, then you won't be able to see these posts. Sorry.

Bringing Back Squills?
Squills needs You, too!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I don't really have anything to say about records that need to be added, but this looks incredible @alliyah! Thank you for putting so much time and love into it - your work really shows.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:12 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Wow.
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:04 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Thanks everyone for your additions!

[I especially adore @niteowl & @Griffinkeeper's nostalgic reminiscences]

I've added / updated as things have been clarified!

I'm a bit on the fence for adding Completed SBs at this time, but I did add the Dungeon Masters and a note for @AstralHunter, @Magebird, & @Sheyren for having the most SB credits thanks for getting some more SB representation in there! Congrats you all!

Other Ideas I might look into / if anyone knows these, feel free to help me out!
* Most NaPos / NaNos done / posted on the site (anyone have more than Mesh's 11? - nite & Hannah have 9 it looks like!)
* Most Poems Posted during NaPo (@CaptainJack had 100 in 2018)
* Most KB Articles Written?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:18 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

*ahem*

I was editor in chief for at least 1 of the early Squills editions (possibly 3? I honestly don't remember, and I don't even think I have that computer anymore...). Emerson/Alteran also may have been editors, though I know the latter did formatting for me.

*flees*

(psssst! On NaNo, I've done it every year since it started on YWS, but I cannot find one thread for the life of me. I think 2010? Which actually would make sense, since that was an awful semester at uni, and I think I disappeared from the internet and only hand wrote that year. So, I did it, but not officially? I dunno)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

378 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:25 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

So, peeking around at my own history of usernames, I actually tie with @Magebird with username changes (kind of XD)

• omniyus
  • Omniyus
  • Aquestioning
  • Omniclysm
  • Omni
  • Jhinx
  • Kirkiln
  • And of course Omnom

and although I know Mage is most likely going to change her name before I do, I WOULD LIKE TO CONTEST for now XD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1227 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:33 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Thanks Mesh + Omnom! have updated ~ I completely didn't know that Squills used to not be posted in the forum, but that makes more sense now. :)

And @Omnom, when I initially counted, I think I didn't count you as being tied with Mage because of the one that was just a capitalization change, but being someone who is very passionate about capitalization I do see how that's a whole new username. Will correctly list you in that record place. :)

Thanks everyone! I'll try to keep updating these as I see corrections being added when I have a chance. Please remember to include source when relevant. :)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:03 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hello :P I now have the most name changes XD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Points Number.png
Points Number.png (45.53 KiB) Viewed 697 times

Think I might have snatched the most points title....
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

1227 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:53 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

A belated congrats to Vincian on the username change! And congrats @HarryHardy! I just updated things! (Also updated your Team Tortoise record too, congrats on Reviewing for more than 200 consecutive days along with @starlitmind!)

Also updated the "Top 10 Most" Reviewers & Forum Posters of All-Time and congratulations to @Magebird to moving to place 3 since the last time this was updated, @JabberHut for moving on up, and @soundofmind for joining top 10 forum posters of all time.

I also added @Carina & Sound to quickest RP-Duo to 99 pages for their RP Fateful Heart ~ if there's a better way you'd like me to phrase that record let me know!

And finally, congratulations to The Egg (@TheEgg) who is now up to 94 likes, and is just 6 likes away from an even 100. :D (if you haven't liked the egg post, please make my day and help move that number up to 100). :)

Well done record-breakers!

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket