Young Writers Society

The YWS Big Book of Records

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:35 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Oooh, thanks for the addition of the RP Duo, @alliyah! <3 Since duos are more ambiguous on 'type' of roleplay (Storybook vs. Realm vs. Hollow), I think "fastest" is ambiguous since there does exist endless fast-paced roleplays that are over 100+ pages. What makes Fateful Heart unique is that it's more of a traditional roleplay with an ending in mind.

So basically, it's the longest and quickest traditional RP to reach page 99 (10 weeks and 231k words). But also, we're still going. I'll update when we reach the ending. ;)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 pm
View Likes
starbean says...

As many of you know, I wrote 108 poems during NaPo so *ahem* I must claim that record. Here is a link to my thread if you want to make sure.

nature, life, and the past
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon May 03, 2021 7:22 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations New Official Record Breakers!!

The Big Book of Records hasn't been updated in a little bit, so here are the recent records that were broken ~

Congrats to @hannah0528 for most poems written during a NaPo - with 108 poems this year!! (wowza!)

Congratulations to @HarryHardy for joining BluesClues, Iggy, & Kaylaa as one of the few users who has earned a unicorn over in Knights of the Green Room! (that's 500+ logged green room reviews!)

Congratulations to @soundofmind for moving right on up to spot #9 in the Top 10 All Time Posters with 8933 forum posts!

Numbers that were updated:

@Meshugenah has now completed her 13th on-site NaPo (we still can't find 2010 but it may be *somewhere*) which is still the most NaPos of anyone on site!

@TheEgg has now cracked 100 likes here and is seasoned with 109 likes!

And @starlitmind has added another month to her Team Tortoise victories! so is at 11 months now! While @HarryHardy has completed his 9th month!

Also added a few new NaPo related records: new record for most NaPo participants, which is this year (2021) at 82 participants with 83 threads! And added to the "significant achievements" section all of our previous April Madness champions ( @Audy (2014), @Button (2015), @Audy (2016), @Lumi (2017), @TheSilverFox (2018), @Que (2019), @Lavvie (2020), @starlitmind (2021))

If you notice a record that needs updating or one you think would make sense to add, please comment so we can keep this current! Congratulations everyone!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:14 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

And with the close of the Great Team Tortoise Race and a few other site events, there are a few records to be updated!

@HarryHardy has jumped up to spot #5 on the all time leaderboard for reviews! And he has also managed to break the record for most reviews in a single month which previously stood at 261 reviews, but now stands at 272 reviews! Some updates for Tortoise Records - @starlitmind completed her 13th month of Team Tortoise Reviewing, Harry completed his 11th, and @Plume jumped up to their 6th month of Team Tortoise reviewing!

I've also added a couple RP/SB records in honor of RP Month! All Completed SBs are now listed in the Book of Records along with a record of the Most SB/RP Posts in a Month: March 2012: 12,339.

I've also added Most Literary Works Posted in a Month: which was 10 years ago in June 2011: 1388 works.

Are there any records you think ought to be included but aren't yet? Or corrections you can catch? Please let me know!

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:27 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@alliyah, I would like to claim the position of "Most Threads posted in 1 (One) Day" and further claim that the number is 23.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

1227 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:33 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

A few records have been updated!

@HarryHardy has moved up in the top 10 review leaderboard,
his point count for "most points" has been updated to 246295
he broke his own record for most points in a month which previously was 272 but now is an unbelievable 450! He also now ties with @starlitmind for most consecutive rounds of Team Tortoise! Congratulations Harry!

All those who have done 100 consecutive days of Team Tortoise will now be listed in the records, so @MailicedeNamedy (5 months) and @Plume (8 months) have been added.

Congratulations Reviewers!

Side Note

I think it would be awesome if we could break the record for most Holiday Avatars at Once which currently stands at 54. Want to join in the effort? Here's the link to record your spooktober avatar. :] Let's see if we can break a record by working together!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:33 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hi there!

In honor of LSS Round II, I'm requesting that we record Last Ship Sailing Round I winners: the crew of The Beach @Carina @HarryHardy @Valkyria @Elinor @veeren
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1227 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:10 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

End of 2021 Record Update

Congratulations to new record breakers and those with new significant achievements!

I have just added or updated a few records to the book!

First of all! I did update the "most holiday avvies at once" to reflect our record break in October with 57 spooky avatars. Thank you to all who participated in that event!

In honor of the inauguration of LSS Round II, the Last Ship Sailing Round I winners @Carina @HarryHardy @Valkyria @Elinor @veeren have been noted! Good luck to all who participate in Round II. Thank you @Omni for the suggestion to include!

Belated-Congratulations to @BluesClues and @HarryHardy who are the only knights who hold the distinction of having earned dragons in KotGR which has now also been added to the book.

There's been some upsets in the Top 10 Leaderboards - @HarryHardy has moved up to spot 2 on the All Time Review Leaderboard while @soundofmind has moved up to spot 8 on the All Time Forums Post top 10!

Also being added to those who have reached 100+ days in Team Tortoise are @foreveryoung @RandomTalks @vampricone6783 and a congratulations to Plume who has the 3rd longest Team Tortoise streak at 340 days!

I've also updated the Most Points record to reflect that @HarryHardy is nearing 300,000 points which may be a YWS first. And I have jumped to 2nd most points with 133,454. And @MailicedeNamedy will be added to those who've had 100,000 points at one time.

Congratulations to everyone! And as always if you see any records that need correction or have ideas (+ sources) for records that can be added please don't hesitate to leave a comment!

1227 Reviews

Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:49 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Record Update

Congratulations to @QueenMadrose who as of January 24, 2022 has been added to the elusive crew of people who have won "Last Person To Post Here Wins". Wonderful work! The thread was started in June 2020, so it's been a long journey going.

Any who would like to have a try at winning the next round may do so here.

1227 Reviews

Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:28 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Congratulations New Record Breakers

We've wrapped up the first month of 2022 with some record breaking news!

@HarryHardy has passed earning 300,000 points and is now at 304,145 points!

I'm updating the records to reflect that @Omni still holds the record for most username changes, now with one more username change to add to the count!

And then in RP world, @ShadowVyper and @Grandwild have been quite busy with their RP-duo, and along with Shady getting heavily involved in the Randomosity forums this was a perfect recipe for a new record! ShadowVyper now holds the record for most forum posts in one month which is set at 1,917 forum posts! Wow! @GrandWild finished the month with 1,275 posts which is also absolutely incredible. This record was not previously recorded, but seems likely that it is the standing YWS record unless otherwise disputed.

With their very fast paced Roleplay Duo Two Crows Watch from the Gallows (pt 3) Shadowvyper and Grandwild also broke the record for fastest duo to reach 99 page - by completing all 99 pages in just 11 days! From Jan 20 - Jan 31, 2022.

As we jump into a new month another record breaking attempt is on the horizon - how long can we keep a writing activity thread going with a post every day? I've posted a challenge to try to keep the Haiku Train going all month long with a post every day, let's see if it can be done! There are several Randomosity threads that are posted in nearly daily, but I'm not sure if any have reached at least 1 post every single day for a whole month.

If you've got an achievement you think is record breaking or want to try to break one of the existing records, feel free to comment in this thread! And as always if you see updates / corrections needed, please do post.

1227 Reviews

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:12 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

New Record Breakers | Feb / March 2022

The end of February was certainly record breaking in many ways! No sooner did I update our record for most-posts in a month than @ShadowVyper broke the record again. Along with a chaotic and dedicated randomosity squad @MalicedeNamedy and @ShadowVyper scored a new record in February with each one posting 8500 forum posts in a single month, this number totally toppled all previously known records and is absolutely incredible. This pushed YWS's site-wide record too by a long shot with February 2022 having 26814 total posts in the month.

Other forum posters who made it over 1000 forums posts which used to be quite a rarety were @lehmanf (2824), @HarryHardy (1969), @ScarlettFire (1686), @Grandwild (1524), and @Phillauthet (1106). Congratulations all!

@ShadowVyper has also zoomed into the top ten forum posters of all time and now places 4th on the site for total forum posts.

Other notable achievements achieved - the 18th edition of "last person to post here" was completed by @ForeverYoung299 and @lehmanf completed the 19th edition

Well done everyone in all the ways that you participated on YWS in the last month!

On the horizon we'll see if there are any "Last Reviewer Standing" records broken in the month to come, as well as any poetry records broken in April (Last year @hannah314159 managed to write 108 poems during NaPo and currently @Meshugenah holds the record for most on-site recorded NaPos at 14). Also I heard rumors that there might be a new creature on it's way to the Knights of the Green Room Castle that's been delayed in the mail but should be arriving soon. <.<

As always, if you see something that's been left out, needs correction, or a new record you'd love to see added, please feel free to comment in this thread.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:52 am
View Likes
Shady says...

@MailicedeNamedy

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1227 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:59 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

New Record Breakers | April / May / June 2022

Time for more than a few new record updates!

Top 10 Forum Posters

I rarely report more than 1 person joining the top ten lists at a time, but there's been some major upsets in the top 10 board! @Shady has gained a username change and has zipped up to spot #3 while @Grandwild has jumped to spot #7 & @MailicedeNamedy has also joined the top 10 list and is now at spot #9. That's a LOT of posting!

April & NaPo Record Updates

April's Poetry Month brought a few record breakers and honorable achievements!

@Meshugenah continues to hold the record for most NaPo's completed on site with the number hopping up to 14 years! That's pretty incredible. :) (this year's thread)

I'm honored to add my own name to the list of venerable April Madness Champions. :') (winning poem - thank you @Seirre for hosting!)

And very impressively @Moonglade joins the limited group of people who have written over 100+ poems during NaPo, breaking the record with 160 logged poems during the month of April! (poetry thread).

Last Reviewer Standing

A new record to be added to the Big Book of Records will be the winner of the Last Reviewer Standing which was @RandomTalks with a total of 117 Reviews over the course of 8 weeks. Contest Thread. (Thank you to @HarryHardy, @MailicedeNamedy, myself, and @ReviewBuddy for hosting!)

Last Ship Sailing & Roleplaying

And last but not least! There's a new set of Last Ship Sailing victors who after the course of 20 weeks wrote 47787 words in this high-paced roleplaying contest. The winning ship was The Fools' Quest with @soundofmind, @Carina, and @Shady. Well done you three! And congrats to all participants of LSS; it was a close race to the shore! (Thank you @Omni for hosting!)

Also on the Roleplaying seas - @Grandwild and @Shady's roleplay duo Two Crows From the Gallows has still not finished?? (but also there's a part 2?) and having 12 editions means that it's now the longest Roleplay - with the previous longest roleplay being Mount Olympus from 2012-2013 which saw 10 editions. (If you two have more stats you'd like to add like number of replies or total number of pages let me know!) Congrats!

As always, if you see something that's been left out, needs correction, or a new record you'd love to see added, please feel free to comment in this thread.

1227 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:54 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Addendum

Also worthy of praise and special note! Knight Nite (@niteowl) has earned a Knights of the Green Room Unicorn by logging 500+ Green Room Reviews over the course of 9 years. Logbook This is an achievement that only 4 other YWSers in the history of KotGR have managed to achieve. Huge congratulations!

Official KotGR Post

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

lliyah wrote:
Last Ship Sailing & Roleplaying
Also on the Roleplaying seas - @Grandwild and @Shady's roleplay duo Two Crows From the Gallows has still not finished?? (but also there's a part 2?) and having 12 editions means that it's now the longest Roleplay - with the previous longest roleplay being Mount Olympus from 2012-2013 which saw 10 editions. (If you two have more stats you'd like to add like number of replies or total number of pages let me know!) Congrats!

Look, we’re just as confused as you are— xD

Teeny tiny edit but it’s called Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree — just missing a few words! (But also nbd)

Also minor detail, we wrote 47,787 in this past week alone in the Tsunami Week. Our total for all 20 weeks combined is 102,064 :’) yes we almost matched 19 weeks of writing in a single week and almost doubled our word count lol

Thanks so much for staying on top of this alliyah! We appreciate everything you do <3

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11