z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Critique Sandwich

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:59 pm
View Likes
Dranzer says...

Tgis seems like a good way to write reviews.

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:25 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Thanks @Nate for this. :D
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

she/her

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:34 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I would like to submit a desert choice to add to this information on The YWS Critique Sandwich. I present... The YWS'more. The Sandwich will always be a great tool for the ages, but sometimes it's fun to mix it up a bit!

First, the Graham Cracker -> The firm place to hold - steady your review by starting with an interpretation and with your overall impressions.

Second, we have the Toasted, but Slightly Burned Marshmallow -> Find the Crispy Edges! Share some specific criticism or where there is room for improvement. (ie. don't scorch this side quite so much next time!)

Next we have the delicious, cheery, joyful section - many people's favorite - The Melty Hershey's Chocolate Bar -> Find the Sweet Parts! Compliments and praise! Share what you loved about the work, and what made it shine! Remember just like a good s'more is going to have a healthy dose of marshmallow and chocolate a good review is just not complete without these.

And lastly, Graham Cracker -> Close up those loose ends! This is where the s'more ends - final questions of clarification, thoughts you wanted to get in, maybe a cute sign-off and signature Review Banner. This definitely shouldn't be the bulk of the review since the Graham Crackers aren't really the highlight of the s'more but they do hold all the goodness together!

Here's a Review Template if you need some help getting started! (Replace the text in the parenthesis with your own words)

REVIEW TEMPLATE
Code: Select all
Hi there! I'm reviewing using the [url=https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=57651&start=15#p1460770]YWS S'more Method[/url] today!

(GREETING & INTRODUCTION)

[b]Top Graham Cracker[/b] - What I Know
(CONTENT - my impressions / interpretation)

[b]Slightly Burnt Marshmallow[/b] - Room for Improvements
(CONTENT - include specific suggestions)

[b]Chocolate Bar[/b] - Highlights of the Piece
(CONTENT - include specific praises)

[b]Closing Graham Cracker[/b] - Closing Thoughts
(CONTENT & SIGN-OFF)

Spoiler! :

CODE EIGHT / NINE: 01010000 01001111 01010010 01010100 01000110 01001111 01001100 01001001 01001111

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker