Who or What is SPEW?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:09 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Overview

SPEW is a hidden usergroup on YWS. SPEW is dedicated to helping its members grow in their editing and writing skills.

Admission Process

Entry into SPEW is done through an intense nomination process. SPEW looks at a sample critique and story by the nominee, as well as how they participate on YWS.

Activities

SPEW operates a weekly review contest for its members and is active critiquing force on YWS.

SPEW Fan-fiction

SPEW is prominent in YWS Fan-fiction. They are often portrayed as a highly advanced usergroup with access to advanced technology. The SPEW Commandos are the militant arm of SPEW in fan-fiction.

SPEW and the CCF

SPEW is opposed primarily by the CCF in both fan fiction and reality. Although relations between the two are often strained, there are some members which are in both usergroups. Both usergroups are competing to be the dominant critiquing force on YWS.

Membership

In order to prevent their members from being overrun by requests to join SPEW, the actual extent of the membership for SPEW is classified. Some members openly admit to being part of SPEW. The group leader is Snoink and many members of Big Brother are also members of SPEW.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:28 pm
Twit says...

So, how *does* one join SPEW? :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:31 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes, what exactly are the criteria for a nomination?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:40 pm
Magnificent_Ego says...

Admission Process

Entry into SPEW is done through an intense nomination process. SPEW looks at a sample critique and story by the nominee, as well as how they participate on YWS.

That, ah...seems rather straightforward, to me.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:00 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

But specifics! What does it mean by "how they participate on YWS"?

This is only out of curiosity, by the way, I'm not seeking nomination (and it's looking doubtful I'd be given one :P)
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:48 pm
lilymoore says...

I have to disagree. I'm pretty sure SPEW mean Snoinks Perfectly Evil Weapon.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:48 pm
WritingWolf says...

So, what does SPEW stand for? And how do they pick who is a nominee and who's not; or is everyone on YWS a nominee?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:30 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Oh Grif, don't get them too excited! When they find out the truth, it'll be like when they found out that santa isn't real!

I am sorry if I ruined your childhood.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:50 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

[Clue 2/20]

Spot the difference:

Griffinkeeper wrote:In order to prevent their members from being overrun by requests to join SPEW, the actual extent of the membership for SPEW is classified. Some members openly admit to being part of SPEW. The group leader is Snoink and many members of Big Brother are also members of SPEW.

Blue, over to you.

Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm
fantasies says...

hm

Spoiler! :
suspicious
i’m not dead, okay?

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson