z

Young Writers Society

How to get noticed on YWS?

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:26 am
AnonymousPetals says...

I have recently posted my first poem on YMS, but currently no one has read it, I am unsure about how to get it noticed by readers and was wondering if anyone here would have any tips to give someone who is quite new to YMS. I would appreciate any help given.

If it helps you give advice, the name of the poem is "The Dark Side Of Dreaming"

Thanks.
------> Written By AnonymousPetals <------

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:47 pm
prolixity says...

I don't think the number of reviews you get has anything to do with how new you are, or how "popular." Sometimes it just takes a while for people to review, or people are too busy when it goes up and there are other new works posted by the time people are ready to review. But it doesn't matter how long your work's been up, you can still get reviews. Just ask! Politely of course. There's a "Will Review For Food" forum. The people who are willing to review make threads there and you post a comment to request a review. (But not more than twice every few days.) Another tip is to do a lot of good reviews and often people will offer to return the favor.
She reflected. "I prefer stories about squalor."
"About what?" I said, leaning forward.
"Squalor. I'm extremely interested in squalor."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:25 pm
Rosendorn says...

Go out and be part of the community! Give out other reviews and ask for a review in return (it's polite! Just make sure to give a review and not just post a link to your work), go to the Will Review for Food forum as Prolixity said, and just take an interest in other people's lives on the site. Post on statuses, blogs, go into chat— without asking for reviews. ;) Once you've gotten to know a few people, you can trade reviews. I've made some fantastic friends that way.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Your presence can give happiness. I hope you remember that.
— Jin, BTS