z

Young Writers Society

Since I know I'm gonna need this ^^'' . . .

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

This thread I made basically to take out any frustrations I'm gonna have on life while I write this short story ^^

You see, my library is hosting this young writers program. There, we (all three of us) are gonna come up with small things like stories or art that we are going to try and get published. For real, ya know? ^^

So, I have two weeks to complete a short story and some manga pictures to go with it ^^''

So, I figure I'm gonna need this to shout at the world to vent, and perhaps get some encouragement ^^

Feel free to vent about your own writings. ^u^ We're all here for each other, no? ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

28 Reviews

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

Ok, I'll start venting;

As I explained above, I have two weeks to make a short story worthy of being published and I have a long history of not handing things in on time and this is so overwhelming cause although I truelly do want to be published and to have people read and like my stuf but I never expected it could happen so fast and trust me I still want this opertunity but it's still alot, you know?

The deadline started this tuesday and now I have an idea, which is good. I already know how it ends and most of the main characters, the whole message behind the thing and what I want to get out of it. But knowing what I want is slightly diffrent from making what I want, ya know?

And the drawings I was thinking of to make for the short story I'll probably have to clean up with my new tablet and photoshop but I'm not an expert on that yet and I'm not sure how I even hand that in you know? Do I put it on a flash drive, do I hand it in on paper?

And anyway, what if I screw up? What if I make a bad name for myself before I'm even in the game? What if it ends up sucking major and in the furture editors don't even look my way when I do get better because of it? What if I suck major and I drag the others down?

I'm seriously kinda freakin out. /~\
I'm almost scared to start. . .
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

The way you get your name known is to submit. Submit lots of places. Submit to the same places after they reject you, to show them you've improved. That you're stubborn. Submit to small publications and large ones, to agents and any (reputable) place that'll either market or publish what you're writing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

28 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 am
View Likes
KatKage says...

Thank you, you make a good point ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:07 pm
View Likes
Tellurian says...

If you have ideas vomit them out on the first draft then go back and edit the first draft, just keep building atop the first level of vomit improving it and turning it into something great! It takes a lot of editing. I am also writing an extremely short story. only about 1,300 words but it takes time to edit even that to perfection. I am not quite done editing but almost there. So if I can do it so can you!

28 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:59 pm
KatKage says...

That's exactly what I was gonna do! ^u^
I never finished a story yet, but I do write little scenes and I always get it out, then build up on it and edit it ^u^
We have similar writing processes! *hug* ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 pm
View Likes
Tellurian says...

Yes! It is a good process! I can write around 3,000 words a day with this style of writing. But right now I am just trying to perfect my current short story. Taking a break from writing my novel. Need a break from writing it sometimes!

28 Reviews

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 pm
KatKage says...

Exactly ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

28 Reviews

Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 pm
KatKage says...

Finished the ruff draft of ChapterOne PartOne! ^u^
It's a small acomplishment, but it's still and acomplishment ^u^

Here's the link; http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=96567

^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter