z

Young Writers Society

Kaine Jacob Taylor: Autobiography of the...

Should I use the Tape Recording idea?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:25 pm
matthewmazer says...

Full title of the book is Kaine Jacob Taylor: Autobiography of the World's Most Unfortunate Suicide This one I'm working is a..."deep" book of sorts. It's about a kid, his name is Kaine Jacob Taylor, and he's attempted suicide many times, every time it either doesn't work or he remembers something that changes his mind. I plan in hitting issues in today's world such as LBGT, teen drug/alcohol abuse, domestic abuse, abandonment and much more. First thing before I get down to my first question(s) is that the title IS NOT final. I may change it a little but or it may be something like...The Eleventh Attempt, the number would be the number of suicide attempts he's went through.

1) I plan on including my own thoughts/opinions on the issues discussed in this book, and I'd like to hear yours too. I'd rather present more details and all sides to the argument, than just mine.

2) Due to language and some graphic content the rating will most likely be 18+.

3) The biggest favor you could do for me, with the exception of number one, is tell me some suicide attempts (how one would commit suicide). They can be completely made up, something you or someone you know have done. By being made up it could be something crazy like...Kaine repeatedly stabs himself with the horn of a pink, and polka-dotted, unicorn. He may have been high during this attempt.

4) If you have your own experiences with some of the stuff I'll talk about like bullying, abuse (domestic or otherwise)please share it with me. It's stuff I'm lucky enough not to have gone through and I don't know how it feels. This may sound better than asking my parents if I could go interview some drugees at the nearest prison.

5) If you do not want to post your ideas or experiences on the the topic please message me here or my e-mail adress, which is not the correct one advertised on this site. (mine is mkm3397@yahoo.com please don't use my e-mail for anything else).

A few last things I'd like to mention is that the book won't always be about the issue. I may include some "philosophies" of Kaine, I'll post them on here too so I can get your own thoughts/arguments. I'll be posting each issue as a topic but I'll have a link to this page, if you know how I can do that it'll be greatly appreciated. I've got a few things already written, such as the end and beginning, and if you'd like I can post them here, that way you'll see how it all works out. If I think of anything else specifically about this topic I may comment it if I don't/can't edit.

* It's likely that I will provide a link to all of the other topics too, when I start posting issues. If you'd like feel free to tell me via message or comment about an issue I have not yet discussed. If it doesn't involve suicide it could be made into a "philosophy".
Last edited by matthewmazer on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

49 Reviews

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:36 pm
matthewmazer says...

This is one thing I came up with as I wrote the prologue. Kaine's story is a series of tape recordings. So there are times when there's a silence on the tape because he's thinking. I'm expressing this silence as ... and there are times when he may give a side note and the note is put in between Parentheses. Does that sound like a good idea, or should I trash it? (I've also got the last sentence as "This is Kaine Jacob Taylor, signing off." so in a way that brought it up.) Honestly, does it sound cool, or lame?
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 am
View Likes
Kale says...

The ellipses I don't see really working. What might work better is if you put down the tape recorded sections in a more obvious transcript format. In that case, the silences could be indicated with tags like [silence], as well as other noises of note (like [nervous cough] or [clears throat]). The side notes could also be more clearly indicated with "Side Note:" tags, giving it an overall more professional appearance.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:11 am
TickSeed says...

I think this book:

Would be useful to you, it's beautifully written and touches a few things you mentioned about hitting in your own writing. It also uses tape recording, but the main form of writing is first person narration. I think what Kyllorac mentioned would be the best wa to go about it, though.

49 Reviews

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm
matthewmazer says...

I did not think about that, and yes I agree. As for the book, a class mate of mine did a book report on it for our Hon. E/LA class. It sounded pretty good, haven't been able to read it yet though.
{20150529)

Nobody wants to see the village of the happy people.
— Lew Hunter