z

Young Writers Society

So depressed

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm
babymagic18 says...

I have to start all over because I didn't follow the guidelines fro writing a short story which resulted in me making myself look the fool and have to start from the beginning. This is just great-not! I'm going to attempt to get my short story written in a week. Fingers crossed!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Guidelines? What guidelines? I didn't know there were guidelines you had to follow to write stories. :o
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:55 pm
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Well-behaved writers rarely make history.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:25 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Was it for a contest/challenge? Otherwise, learn the rules of writing--as in grammar and the basics of story-telling. If you have the rules of writing, you can do basically anything. You can break rules if you like. Throw that three act structure to the wind. Try and do whatever you feel like. Figure out a style. Whatever pleases you.

See crazy stuff like A Clockwork Orange and Pulp Fiction for details. Not short stories, but, yeah, you can put in Slavic slang and mess around with chronological order if you so feel like. Make it fit the story, make it make the story better and more believable, and you're good to go.
My SPD senses are tingling.

you ever say spidgit finner unironically?
— FireEyes