z

Young Writers Society

Outline

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm
babymagic18 says...

How aggravating! I created my outline and as I'm writing I realize one of my chapters has too much going on so now what was in the chapter gets pushed back. What good is an outline if my story's not even going to move with it? Now my story is one chapter longer than I had originally intended. I blame it on detail. Happy writing to me. :|

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:42 am
Rosendorn says...

It's why I tend not to outline.

The point of an outline for me is to find out where the beginning and ending are. Mostly the ending. Once I know that, then I let imagination take over and only plan a very short bit ahead. And that tends to change on a moment's notice. Which means reworking.

Some people can stick to an outline. Some can't. It seems you are under the "can't" territory.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:05 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Generally, I derail from my outline halfway through. I see it as a loose guide to finding my way across the path of novel writing and I don't need it any more when I can see my destination - although i do occasionally use it to make sure I'm not doing a wrong turning.

The idea for it for me is that I don't feel lost. I always like to leave some details out so that I can still have room for creativity.

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate