z

Young Writers Society

Is it worth writing? Need opinions!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:38 am
deleted11 says...

I've been considering this idea for a while, but I'm still not sure about it. The basic storyline is this:

This guy who's name I don't know yet is struggling with his secret past. If he tells anyone he will possibly get killed.He used to be a normal human-hating cat when suddenly the lives of his mate, children, and every other cat in the area are at risk. He discovers that he has the power to save them by becoming a human, which he does. His mate doesn't know, and thinks he's dead. Because of this, she attacks and badly injures him while he's visiting his old home in the forest (still in his human form: she doesn't recognize him). No one knows his secret. Eventually he becomes king, and at one point prepares for a major battle against another kingdom. The day before leading his people off, he learns that he can safely return to his cat family and no one will know anything except that he randomly disappeared off the face of the earth and they have become leaderless. So now he has to choose between his own life and the life of an entire kingdom, which he's supposed to hate. And it's now or never, so if he chooses the wrong thing he will suffer his whole life for it.

Please be truthful, people!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 pm
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

What do you mean is it worth writing? Do you want to write it? Remember the world is full of opinions but the only one that really matters is that of the person in the mirror.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:44 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

Sounds a little....uh, cheesy. Not to be mean or anything. I mean, I would have taken this story and gone comical with it but....
Sounds a bit like Warrior (cats) but other than that, I like the concept of a being having to choose between the animal and human world. So from there it could go either way---cheese or non-cheese.
I think the problem is that cats, (house cats) don't seem to be all that universally troubling to a human. Maybe you can make it specail cats? (Now THAT sounds cheesy....)
I don't know. I feel as though you've got something here but it needs a little work before it can get anywhere.
Just my thoughts.
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 pm
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

Doooo iiiiiiittt

If you want to write it, it's always worth writing. Always.

Don't worry about it being cheesy. That can always be cleaned up in the editing. JUST WRITE THE THING, WRITE IT NOOOOOWWWW
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Seconding EVP. Any premise can be good or bad— the idea itself doesn't matter; it's the execution that makes the difference.

And nothing makes a better story than actually wanting to write it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet