z

Young Writers Society

An Operatic Challenge

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 pm
thevenetian says...

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm new here, and joined with the sole intention of seeing if anyone would like to collaborate on a project.

Essentially, I'm a young classical composer and have always dreamed of writing an opera. While I've written stories and poems in the past, and actually consider myself quite good at expressing things, I think it would be far more interesting to work with someone else!

So, my question is simple:

Does anyone fancy writing the libretto for a short, one-act opera based on the story of Daedalus and Icarus, to be set to music and hopefully performed?

The challenges with this project will probably include the use of female characters. Though Daedalus and Icarus are both male, an opera with only male voices would likely get very predictable after a while. Ideally, some female characters could be written in or you could even make either of the main characters female, providing it is artistically explicable.

If anyone takes me up on this, I will also explain other, smaller points that should be mentioned!

There is no-time limit on this and the music will take a while to write anyway, but I can't start without some words! You could send me a verse at a time if you like, or the whole thing when its finished.

Fingers crossed then,
Thanks!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:41 am
Kale says...

You have no idea how insanely tempting this project is to me, but I already have too many projects as it is.

And so I shall have to settle for wishing you luck. Be sure to share the finished product! I'd love to see it.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Hi everyone who clicks on my profile!...Um, not quite sure what else to do here. Yup, definitely new at this! XD
— Magebird