z

Young Writers Society

Just a Bit Curious...

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 am
xLogan says...

I used to be an avid writer a few years ago, literally, but I have not written a story in so long. I really feel rusty and have no motivation, yet I know I have the skills to write (even back in the day,) but the difference now is no ideas rush into my head..., but then again, it's not like I have been looking for ideas...

So, three years later... the "continue," button is finally clicked. I shall continue my adventurous writing to where-ever it shall take me and my fiction characters. What genre shall I choose is the question now :?:

I'm thinking... a tragic-political story... maybe not appealing to all but appealing to me :idea: !

Wish me luck on my return to the writing-age. I'm a bit fearful of how my first few stories will turn out... hmm... Here goes!

(I have been writing for my school newspaper, but that type of writing and actual story-writing is a bit different... Anyway, advice, motivational sayings? Anyone remember me?)
"People are afraid to die, but are also afraid to live."

[•_•]
robot fayce

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:13 pm
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Creativity is a muscle, and like all muscles, it can fall out of use and get wimpy. So flex it. If it's too rusty for writing, draw some squiggles on a paper (and I mean squiggles) or pound a piano.

Alternatively, creativity is some sort of machine. As a kid, it took anything and everything and churned out something marvelous from it, but then it fell into disuse and disrepair and now it's rusted. So oil it and get some juices following again.

And, most importantly, write. It'll come back to you, and while you may not be happy with the first stories, keep at it, because no doubt the things you've experienced and the wiser person you've become will be there to enrich your writing with new depth and levels.

So, don't be afraid if things come out clunkier than you thought they would. That's rust and machine splutter. It's to be expected. Take joy in it, actually, because there's something 'wrong' with your writing that you want to improve.

Remember to think in specifics. Instead of looking at the output and saying, "Argh, I used to be brilliant, but this sucks!" identify why it sucks. Fixing general suckage is hard to do, but if you realize that your dialogue sounds stilted, you can sit and think about why it's stilted and uncover your problem and poof!

Unfortunately, I can't say that I remember you. I believe I joined after you left. But I can say that I look forward to seeing you around! Welcome back to the wonderful world of writing!

Rach
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:51 pm
xLogan says...

All I can say is wow, Rach, you hit the nail with that one! I could not have asked for a better reply... Kudos to you - I could not agree more nor could I have asked for a better reply. :smt003
"People are afraid to die, but are also afraid to live."

[•_•]
robot fayce

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm
EmmVeePi says...

A lot of hours of free writing and a little determination and it all comes back. I have been there. Good Luckl

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox