z

Young Writers Society

help! pretty please x

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:06 pm
angelgemzy says...

i been doing a book for two years in my spare time, i started doing it as i love to draw so i though i could actually show off my drawings for children s books. i got writing and found out i also really enjoy this. i was about to send it to publishers this month but i found out some one has published a serise of books like i was going to do on the same theme there story is diffrent but its using the same animals and objects... my book is called starhorses and hers is called seahorse stars... its about seahorses... am i now doomed? x please see hers ...
http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/catalo ... series=706

this is a pic of one of my seahorses i designed

http://gemzillustrationz.deviantart.com ... /#/d3jawst

i probably now need to change my books name as its so similar to hers but no idea what to call it now :-( x

but can i still send it out now knowing someone else has wrote about the same thing? she published it last year also... so are publishers going to turn me away at thats already on the market? xx

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:52 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Hey! Don't get yourself down! Think about it. what is another important element in your story that you might be able to make a title out of? Don't worry! you'll find the answer soon!
About the publishers; don't worry. Send it in anyway! :P :D
beep

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Hmmm it depends partly on the popularity of the series and on just how similar your stories are. For example, hers might be about seahorses that time travel while yours is more Redwallesque and about seahorses who fight back the forces of evil to defend their underwater home.

If the actual story structure is similar as well as the name and pictures then there's a chance the market doesn't need another similar story.

However, it doesn't hurt to try sending it to publishers anyway. If nothing else that will be experience for when you write your next book.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov