z

Young Writers Society

Legend

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be here..oh well. :)

I came up with this in a dream, sort of, and thought it was worth sharing. I've kind of begun using it in one of my novels but I'm not sure how readers or other writers would react to it. It's not a plot or a story but rather a back-story or sub-plot that some could use. I was inspired by the many characters in Storybooks who are angels or half-angels. This is somewhat explaining how they might have come to be since I haven't heard any legends or other ideas besides them "falling" and whatnot. I would love to hear your thoughts! :D

Full Angels:

It starts out with two adult angels. The female is in charge of finding a proper mortal surrogate while the male is in charge of the correct DNA combination (since angels are supposed to be pure. they're basically fabricating their own child to they're wants, needs, etc...). Once a surrogate is found - normally unaware of the situation - they become pregnant with what they believe is a normal human baby of their own creation. It grows in the womb like a mortal would except it feeds on the warmth and love coming from the surrogate and their spouse. The baby is born exactly two weeks early and it's human quality dies, allowing it to be reunited with its angel parents.

Half-Angels:

This time it starts out with one adult angel, either alone or acting on personal reasons for a child more so than a couple would (creating a child for a specific purpose). Usually, it is a male that seeks out this option though sometimes it might be a female. If it is a male, he searches for two things- the surrogate and the perfect mortal DNA to combine with his in a surrogate. Then he appears human and blah blah blah with human creation of the baby. If it is a female, she searches for three things- the surrogate, perfect mortal DNA to combine with hers, and an outside human (usually a human child belonging to the surrogate and her spouse) of which to create a link with of which the child, when full grown, could use to do his angel mother's bidding. The DNA combined with hers is usually of the child in order to set up pure maternal connections between the half-angel and the human.

Is this interesting enough/thought through? Would you personally use it in a story as a sub-plot? Is it believable (story-wise)? And does it fit with the angel aspect?
Thank you :)
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:19 pm
View Likes
MoonlightMayhem says...

1. Is this interesting enough/ thought through?

I'd say it's an original, good concept. So, basically the baby just leaves the mortal parents behind before it really gets the chance to be born? Interesting.

2. Would you personally use it as a sub-plot?
Yeah, I mean, I kind of like the idea. I could see a main character having this background as a baby who was born to two angel parents. I could see a lot of interesting stuff evolve out of that. The child could grow up as an angel living in the real world, and secretly perform angelic acts but appear human. I'm picturing a nineteen year old person who went through this process at birth and is really an angel but lives among mortals...But I see you probably meant the angel was living in heaven or something with it's angel parents... so you're probably thinking there's something interesting about the parents that could be made into a story. For example, they wanted a child who was partially mortal or something... but I'm kind of seeing more coming from the experimentation of the story... the "what if?" factor. But what I see you coming up with is that the real child who was used to create the angelic baby, when growing up, becomes watched over, right? Or maybe that the angelic baby and the human child are sort of like siblings or twins- they have this common feature. There's a lot to expand upon from this. It's a good idea.

3. Is it believable story wise?
It could be. I could see two angel adults wanting to create a realistic angel child... but I just don't see much need for a surrogate... I'm seeing more of the plot thickening with the angel child living amongst humans. Or their being two different children- the already born mortal child and the angel child, so the families have this "matching" effect, and the two different children are like twins and perhaps they could meet at one point. Maybe one watches over the other? Or maybe the real child is in mortal danger, and the angel child decides to come in contact with the real child and save her from bad situations using their all-knowing abilities. And what do you mean, exactly/specifically, by the real child doing the angel mother's bidding? (for example?)

4.Does it fit with the angel aspect?
Perhaps, if the angels are more fictitious than biblical. You'd have to assign the angels a role unique to what is typically angelic. The angels could just be modern heavenly creatures who have goals of their own and a whole population of their own, but are still, as usual, designed to take care of or watch over humans.

Hope I gave you some good ideas/ feedback. Let me know what you think. Was I a little off? Did I misinterpret what you meant?
Music <3

Death Cab for Cutie - Funeral For A Friend - A Day To Remember - Taking Back Sunday - Safetysuit - There For Tomorrow - OneRepublic - All American Rejects - Yellowcard - Motion City Soundtrack

7 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 pm
MoonlightMayhem says...

Oh wups... looks like I mis-read and blended the descriptions of Half-Angel and Full-Angel together in my mind without thinking... sorry! Let me re-work this.
Music <3

Death Cab for Cutie - Funeral For A Friend - A Day To Remember - Taking Back Sunday - Safetysuit - There For Tomorrow - OneRepublic - All American Rejects - Yellowcard - Motion City Soundtrack

7 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm
MoonlightMayhem says...

My basic point is the "what if's" could go like this...

1. The full angel process happens. The angelic child is born, but it stays in the human child's body so that the human child kind of IS this angel child... like basically part human part angel. And it lives on Earth with it's human parents... meanwhile, up in heaven, the two Angelic Parents are nurturing it from above. Then, the child evolves angelic abilities, while living on Earth, and finds out (at whatever age is the right time) that it must perform angelic acts, like watching over people, or knowing everything including the future, or saving people, or something like that, even though it's part human and part angel. It's angel parents help it do this. Maybe even at one point, when this human is done doing their good deeds, the angel part of them evaporates from the human body and goes up to live in heaven or something?

How's that for expanding the idea?

Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for :(

I just got a little carried away with inspiration.

Good sub-plot, though!
Music <3

7 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:29 pm
MoonlightMayhem says...

By the way, what is different about the full angel baby once it is reunited with its full angel parents? Does it have human characteristics, or is this just a way of getting the angel child to be born? Just curious.
Music <3

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:59 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Thank you so much for your input!

To answer your first question about the half-angel-half-mortal child doing their mother's bidding - I meant for the whole situation to be somewhat sinister or meddling. Like, it's somewhat similar to the whole Greek heroes concept but different and used for personal purposes. Since angels are cliched to be "perfect and pure", I meant for the child to do the dirty work, I guess.

And your other question - it's just a way for the full angel baby to be born and once they're reunited with their parents they lose all of their human characteristics whereas the half-angels retain most qualities.

Btw: the idea you got about this was exactly what I was thinking! :)
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

7 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:37 pm
MoonlightMayhem says...

Awesome! Ya, I see a lot of potential in this. I'd definitely read that!
Music <3

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday