z

Young Writers Society

Don't know if this is a story worth working on.

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:24 pm
UnicornZombies says...

So I completed a story back in November during NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) called Change of Heart and a lot of my friends have been telling me I should edit it and sent it into a publisher, however, I don't feel 100% about it. I don't know if I should even bother to edit it, because I just feel like it's a dead story. It's approx. 28 chapters and I have it on Wattpad, so it would mean a lot if someone could read it and give me some feedback on it? Thanks :)

Here's the link to my story: http://www.wattpad.com/2602527-change-of-heart-chapter-1
"Writing is a drug I cannot live without"
Psalm 16:8 "“I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises!”

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:57 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hey Unicorn! Interesting username... :P

You can re-post the story here! Click the "Read/Write" tab up top, find the right literary forum, and post it there. The Novels section is right here, if you want a direct link. Just remember to only post only one chapter every few days, to not overwhelm the forums, and review others so they'll review you!

The reason I say this is, not all of us have accounts on Wattpad, and we'd rather review something on our own site. :) You'd open yourself up to a very review-focused member base by posting here!

It would also help if you gave us some genre info and a bit of a synopsis. Then we know what we're getting into!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:08 pm
UnicornZombies says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Hey Unicorn! Interesting username... :P

You can re-post the story here! Click the "Read/Write" tab up top, find the right literary forum, and post it there. The Novels section is right here, if you want a direct link. Just remember to only post only one chapter every few days, to not overwhelm the forums, and review others so they'll review you!

The reason I say this is, not all of us have accounts on Wattpad, and we'd rather review something on our own site. :) You'd open yourself up to a very review-focused member base by posting here!

It would also help if you gave us some genre info and a bit of a synopsis. Then we know what we're getting into!

Yeah, but you don't need an Wattpad account to read a story...and I'm really hesitant on posting it anywhere but wattpad incase someone tries to steal it. It's happened to me before. They copy and paste it. On Wattpad, you cant copy and paste a story.
Psalm 16:8 "“I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises!”

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:09 pm
UnicornZombies says...

And the story is about a fallen angel named Jariel who was tricked out of Heaven by another angel named Elise. He hates humans but he falls in love with one and has to choose between getting his revenge or staying on Earth and being with the one he loves.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm sorry to hear that! If it makes you feel any better, YWS lets you retain full copyright and we take plagiarism very seriously. But, if you want to keep it on Wattpad, that is your choice. :)

However, my best advice to you (in general, without having read the story) is to write what you want to write. Your friends can help you find a direction for how to improve it, but, in the end, if you force yourself to write it won't be as good.

Pick plots based on what you want to do and what's inspiring you, instead of what everybody else wants to see. That doesn't mean you won't go back to that story (I've had stories come back 4+ years later, demanding to be written), but sometimes you need a break.

Write what you enjoy. That's all that matters. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:27 pm
UnicornZombies says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:I'm sorry to hear that! If it makes you feel any better, YWS lets you retain full copyright and we take plagiarism very seriously. But, if you want to keep it on Wattpad, that is your choice. :)

However, my best advice to you (in general, without having read the story) is to write what you want to write. Your friends can help you find a direction for how to improve it, but, in the end, if you force yourself to write it won't be as good.

Pick plots based on what you want to do and what's inspiring you, instead of what everybody else wants to see. That doesn't mean you won't go back to that story (I've had stories come back 4+ years later, demanding to be written), but sometimes you need a break.

Write what you enjoy. That's all that matters. :)

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm
stargazer9927 says...

I don't worry about that too much because because I figure if they can find some use out of one of my stories go for it because I can't, but if they sell it and make a ton of money off it I have plenty of evidence that will hold up in court saying it's my story, so really stealing someone else's work is stupid. But sorry to hear that. I don't see why anyone would want to claim someone's else's work as their own :( I admit I copy and paste people's work sometimes, but that's just because I really like the story and I want a copy for myself. I would never claim it as my own.

How long is it? I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, but I really need to start helping others out with their novels if I want people to help me out with mine. It's sounds interesting enough.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 pm
UnicornZombies says...

stargazer9927 wrote:I don't worry about that too much because because I figure if they can find some use out of one of my stories go for it because I can't, but if they sell it and make a ton of money off it I have plenty of evidence that will hold up in court saying it's my story, so really stealing someone else's work is stupid. But sorry to hear that. I don't see why anyone would want to claim someone's else's work as their own :( I admit I copy and paste people's work sometimes, but that's just because I really like the story and I want a copy for myself. I would never claim it as my own.

How long is it? I'm not a huge fan of fantasy, but I really need to start helping others out with their novels if I want people to help me out with mine. It's sounds interesting enough.

It's 28 chapters, each chapter is approx 3 pages long.(:

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein