z

Young Writers Society

Plot for new novel along with some needed help

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 pm
Soulkana says...

Alright lovelies! Currently I'm outlining a plot so I can write it once I have the creative urge to do so. At the moment I have decided to have a young boy at the age of nine being dropped off at an orphanage and the main plot points happen at 16 when his demonic heritage as Lord of the East comes through...I need some help in filling that gap or any other possible considerations pertaining to helping.

One friend of mine suggested having a friend within the orphanage tell stories of lessons to controlling the demon side of the boy which will become dominate on his 16th birthday. So it gives background information.

I'm planning on having him attend an elite school and forming bonds there which will become important later on. Any further suggestions or ideas are welcomed!!
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:33 am
noninjaes says...

Maybe introduce an antagonist. Don't have major signs of his heritage (except for important *occasional* spills) show 'till about 15 and have the antagonist go after the boy in mysterious plot building ways such as letters sent with a knife covered in blood in the envelope (or something crazy). Antagonists always help move plots.
If not then there is always the travelling shovel of death and the "No plot, no problem. Just add ninjas," rule.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin