z

Young Writers Society

New Story Idea Good or Not?

Reviews: 4
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:23 pm
TheEaseDropper says...

We all know the story if Cinderella and to be honest remakes of the movie has gotten on my nerves, but recently I had an idea. This is not another remake of the Cinderella story but wither what happens the Cinderella's family after she marries her prince.

Okay so before all the happily ever after stuff and before there was an evil stepmother and stepsisters Cinderella's mother was pregnant and had another baby girl but shortly after that her mother died. Cinderella was still very young when all this was happening. So her father seeing that he now had a newborn and Cinderella without a mother he decides to marry again. A few years after that the father gets sick and dies leaving Cinderella and her baby sister in the hands of the "steps". Well the stepmother immediately took the baby to the orphanage but kept Cinderella to be their "slave" removing all the memories and anything of Cinderella's sister. So while Cinderella suffered her sister was growing up in an orphanage.

After Cinderella had her happily ever after the evil stepmother remembered Cinderellas sister. She went to orphanage and adopted her sister. Her sister was excited that someone wanted her not knowing that it was she who put her in the orphanage in the first place. Now the sisters and the stepmother began treating her sister like they did Cinderella. The girls name was Serena but the "Steps" were just as cruel as before and called her Sudsserena.

What do y'all think?
TheEaseDropper :)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:32 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

I think this is a great idea.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I think it sounds rather interesting, because I love fairytales! I also like twists on known fairytales, so go for it. Although "Serena" reminds me too much of Gossip Girl...
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:21 pm
aseel says...

That's a fantastic idea. I love it.
Hakona Matata... No Worries :)

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 am
TheEaseDropper says...

Well the girl's name is Serena but the "step" called her Sudsy

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 am
stargazer9927 says...

I would read it :) I love fairytales!
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:28 am
TheEaseDropper says...

Ok so I found that Serena would not be a good name for my character so... any ideas?

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson