z

Young Writers Society

I need a Beta Reader.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:49 am
SlyNightOwl says...

This is an original piece I have been working on :3 Even though I don't have much so far, under ten pages on Microsoft Word, I still need advice on what I've written and need help on my sentence wording. So if/when you're free do you think you can help me while I continue to write? If you are interested send me a message and I can give you a summary of what you'll be reading. You can post here or in the message what youre not comfortable reading. Ex: Non-fiction, vampire, fairy tales, ect.

Heres a little info about the story:

-It is mostly a romance
-High school teenagers
-The setting is mainly at an academy the main character and her sister go to where they soon find out that they are not just there to receive a higher education.
-Bullies and murder/suicide nothing gory)
-The story is on a young adult level
-None of the scenes are R-rated or at least I wont send any if thats what youre not comfortable with. Im only fifteen.. theres not much I can write about in that department.)

If you have anymore questions put them in the message ^-^ I really,really hope to hear from some of you soon. And hopefully if you decide to be my beta its OKAY to be blunt and honest. I may disagree but I'm not going to throw a fit because you hurt my feelings. Thank you and happy holidays<3
Rah, rah, ree, kick em' in the knee. Rah, rah, rass, em' in the... OTHER KNEE!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:10 pm
Rosendorn says...

Well, getting info on small segments is exactly what the Read/Write forums are for! You post about 1,500 words of your story in the right forum (I'd look at Romance Novels or Short Stories, depending on the length it'll be at the end) and get reviews from everybody who's interested by the title. If they like it enough, they can either follow it as you keep posting segments, or you can PM them to continue dialogue with them that way. :)

Also, it's best if you give reviews to get them! Use that Read/Write link I gave you before, and just look through the forums and see what's interesting. Reviewing involves leaving a comment that explains what you liked, didn't like, and why you liked/didn't like it. This article has more on reviewing. :)

Hope to see your work posted soon!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett