z

Young Writers Society

Ideas for my poem.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Hey Everyone!

I was just thinking about writing poems and I just love writing them! But I can't think of anything.
I try to think of many things and try writing about it but then I completely lose interest.
I want to write something that seems interesting to everyone.

Can anyone suggest ideas so I can write and you can review it?
I really do want to be a good writer. :)
And it I would be really happy if someone could help me... ^^

Love,
Cookie or LM <3
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

I've always had the idea of writing something in the perspective of animals. You know, like what do they think, do they really act like us? Stuff like that.

That's really the only idea I have. I have a tough time thinking of what to write about too.

-Noelle
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:49 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

There is no such thing as a poem that is interesting to everyone. Talk to a few poets on the site and you'll find a myriad of styles, preferences, and even if they all have the same favourite poet, chances are they'll have different takes on the poetry, have different favourites, and their style will be different in subtle ways.

My idea of a good poem is one that takes the readers into its folds, and makes us feel something. A good poem captures our attention and makes us forget about the world for a bit while we read it. There's a puzzle inside that makes us look at the poem in a different way, return to it to try and figure out the meaning, or just makes us remember. Even if there's one line, or one feeling, that sticks with people, then the poem is at least decent.

As you can tell I have several definitions of a "good poem", and other people will have their own. So instead focus on what would be interesting for you, post it, listen to the reviews, and rework.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 1
Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:37 pm
Redsy says...

[color=#FF40BF]Hey Choco :) Iam new here and i love writting poems too. I think people have diffrent tastes and prefferences and i think if you keep on chasing that then you won't be able to plese everybody and your passion will evantually fade. Just be relavent and write about things that move you, things that you feel like they lighten up your world when you put them to paper.

Ussually what i write is what iam passionate about and what i feel. A special poet has a distict signature that identifies him/her among other poets, and that doesn't have to do with people interests (hence they change) but long term effects that will forever breed in people's hearts... simple words are ussualy the one's that make a poem even more interesting. :) Good luck and i can't wait to review your poem...
If it wasn't written on paper, it will be easily forgotten

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:01 am
PaulWilliam80 says...

Although I'm not a big fan of reading poetry, I do have a favorite poem. "The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot is something we recently read in class but it definitely has a great impact.

GED Schools

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

What to write about;

Something you know about- must of poetry is visualisation and philosophy, so if you're trying to write about something foreign to you then you don't have much to work with in the first place.

Something you care about- boredom is the killer of inspiration, so if you're trying to a poem about something wonderful that you don't really care about then it will show through and the result will be dull and emotionless.

Open your mind- really, really wide. Add colour to emotions, tastes to sounds, take everything you have in your head and start smushing things together to see what happens.

Keep it genuine- someone who's name I should really remember said 'nothing is more powerful than the honest truth.' When you're writing, search as deep as you can and spare nothing of yourself. Even if your grammar sucks and your vocabulary is sparse, genuinity can carry anything.
We were born to be amazing.

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson