z

Young Writers Society

So I had an idea for a story....

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 am
jrauthorintraining says...

this is the summary, tell me if its any good and if I should post it maybe????

There is nothing stronger...there is nothing bigger...there is nothing more powerful...than love. But when you wake up in the middle of a desert, you wonder if love and hope can get you out of this mess. Skyler a fifteen year old girl who was abandoned by her mother Julie and father Evan on a trip to Australia when they recently found out, there was a mix up at the hospital and Skyler was not actually their daughter. Skyler is found by a tour guide in Australia and he has agreed to help her find her parents. Will they find her biological parents?

( and there is a twist at the end but if I do post it, I don't want to give away the ending :) )

So is this a good idea??? Or should I try to write something else????

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:17 am
kjr5horses says...

Just write it and see where it goes. If you think its a good idea then go with it!

The chances are if you like it someone else in the world will too! The biggest problem nowadays is writers trying to please others....and the story ends up falling apart completely!

So just follow your fingers, and go wherever it takes you!

KJR
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:45 am
XxMattxX says...

Where's the romance?
The love?

Does she fall in love with the tour guide?

*is confused*
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Guess you'll have to read and find out! :DDD

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 am
View Likes
Wolfdancer95 says...

love the Idea, but the summery needs a little work. So her fake parents are heartless? and I am confused about the love as well, is it a parantal love or a crush love or what? If it's not going to be a big part of the story you might not have to put it in the summery.

And I'll read it as well, sounds great. :)
'I am the monster in your head.'~ Breaking Benjamin.
"Little voice I thought I got ride of? I have some advice for you: SHUT. UP."~ WolfDancer.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Im trying not give away too much but yes the main character ( Skyler ) falls in love with the tour guide. Yes her "parents" are heartless and her biological parents are dead. When Luke and Skyler find the house she used to live in, it was burnt down. They found a chest of old cloths and photo albums. When Skyler looked through the pictures she found a newspaper article that said her parents died when the house was burnt down. Except thats a lie, the truth is her uncle wanted their property and hated her parents. He murdered them both and burt down the house to make it look like an accident. So Skyler and Luke go back to Australia to prove her uncle guilty of murdering her parents.

Sorry that was all jumbled and disorganized /\ /\

I might have wanted to add some of this to the summary. haha sorry about the confusion

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:19 pm
kjr5horses says...

.....No Your summary doesn't need work. As you are not trying to give too much away.

However, what you just wrote above gives too much away...I will still read it. But the mystery of the book has now leftsince you gave it away..

KJR
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:47 pm
View Likes

I know i'm sorry I was trying to avoid doing that but there is still a twist at the end that has not been revealed :)

You must believe in free will; there is no choice.
— Isaac Bashevis Singer