z

Young Writers Society

Should I continue to write Rainbow?

Reviews: 4
Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 am
Scarlet15 says...

Please give me your honest opinions. I kinda want to stop it so I can start over with maybe a better story. I just feel like people don't like it as much. :/ Well. Please comment ASAP!! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:52 am
Rosendorn says...

If you enjoy it, why not keep writing it? You'll improve with time and even if the story doesn't end up published, it'll still be practice.

If your heart's really in a different story, though, then it's probably best to move on and put this one on the back burner. I write best when there's a passion for the story and a burning desire to write. If your current story's not sparking that, then move on to something that holds passion for you. Don't give up on that story, though. Jumping between stories can be a really fun way to write.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 am
Scarlet15 says...

Awesome!! :D Yea.. I might just switch off and write stories.. One question. How do I make my stories be organized into something?? o.o

1272 Reviews

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:18 am
Rosendorn says...

What do you mean by "organized into something"?

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:30 am
Salem says...

If you're talking about story structure, the way I do it is to form a plot outline. Open a new document and write down the contents off each chapter all the way to the end. In that format, its easy to figure out the best ordering of scenes and to make sure that you don't leave any loose ends (unintentionally, anyway!).

Writer's Digest has some really great examples of different types of outlines as well, like writing out each scene on its own index card so you can move them around to visually be able to see what ordering is best.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:43 am
Scarlet15 says...

Basically.. Like some people have their folders of short stories or something.

1272 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:13 am
Rosendorn says...

Oh. Portfolios? Go to your profile (either use the "my profile" link at the top of the page, or click on your name) and click on the tab "portfolio". Under "[user]'s portfolio" there'll be a small button that says "edit portfolio." There should be enough instructions there, but don't be afraid to PM me if you run into any problems! ^^

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 am
Salem says...

Oh, haha! So basically not at all what I was talking about...sorry!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 am
fading-dream says...

Well, if you really are sick of it, then add some quick resolution. Even if not everything is tied up, at least you will get the satisfaction of finishing. Plus, that might inspire you to work off that "twist" and continue your story.

And be careful with plot planning! It's just killed my recent novel! In a way, it feels like I've already written the story so there's no point in writing it over. Just be careful!
Current Project: Otherworld (Novel) - 11,000 words so far
Latest Story: Overflowing Emotions.
Past stories: Burning Apart, The Beast, Binding Darkness - Ch. 1, What David Taught Me, The Banquette, Mirror of Memories, Leaving Humanity, Little Green Men, Six Days

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket