z

Young Writers Society

unfinished works

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 pm
ire123 says...

i have a bad tendency to find inspiration then write a stroy im in love with then lose intrest in what im writing about....by then i throw it dow and loose it...when it was truly a great story...i want to actually finish something without loosing intrest an doing just to finish it...what to do...what to do

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:51 pm
Cielo says...

Hello again ire! :)

I just critiqued some writing of youre which you posted - was that something which you began to write and lost interest in? If it was rather than being a small extract of something bigger that you wrote then let me know, I think I could give you some pointers on how to expand that specific piece, if you'd be interested :)

-Cielo-

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:25 pm
spinelli says...

If you really like the story and feel super strongly about it, then keep writing. If you have a beginning that isn't working, keep writing because the story will find itself. Your voice with find itself, and the pieces just sort of start coming together, even if that means you have to go back eventually and change up a few things. That story is in your brain for a reason. :D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:17 pm
kjr5horses says...

If you don't continue with it and lose interest then you never truly loved it. Its okay it taking time but it takes a long time to find that story. The one with the characters you cry over, scream at the page you are writing, and think about none stop. And never lose interest.

Once you find that story, then I believe you can call yourself a true writer. For now look at the ones you have let slip away as learning experiences. Writing those stories are like warm ups, or like your searching for the right story. But you just have not found it yet. ;) Don't worry you will find it :)

KJR
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women