z

Young Writers Society

Should I continue on with this story?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm
ShadowPrincess16 says...

I wrote the prologue to this new story called "The Dead Boys" and I'm wondering if it sounds good enough that I should continue on with it. It's about a gang of boys that were once called the "youngest and deadliest gang in Georgia." Five of the boys were shot by policemen and were supposedly killed. Actually they were turned into Soul-Stealing vampires. (Vampires that stay alive by stealing human souls instead of drinking blood.) Sixteen years after the night of their death, the boys get revenge by killing the policemen that ended their human lives.

Should I continue writing this one? Or should I just let this one die? I would appreciate any advice you guys could give me.
“wanting what you could not have led to misery and madness”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:57 pm
BieberFever says...

I think it has a nice twist to it. I say you should continue to do it.
BABY BABY BABY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:48 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Do whatever you feel like doing! :) If it's a story you really want to write, then write it! If it's something you feel unsure of, then give it a break and maybe work on some other story you want to do.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 pm
Cspr says...

I agree with Ranger Hawk. Although I have to say that your story idea sounds VERY interesting. Of course, I lived in a very 'gang culture' place for a while, so that makes sense.

If you need any help with outsider viewpoints or such, feel free to PM me. (Though I will admit I have personal information on soul-sucking vampires. ;) )
My SPD senses are tingling.

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:31 pm
Name2533 says...

U should and if u decide too plz tell meeee!! I would totaly read it!! Hope u decide to continue it!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:33 am
Salem says...

I think I'm in a bit of a vampire hangover, hahaha! I have to say that, as a reader, I'm a little tired of reading about vampires. But that doesn't necessarily mean your idea is bad or shouldn't be written.

When it comes down to choosing what stories to write, I think you need to go with your gut. Maybe try working on something else or taking a break for a few days. If you find yourself thinking about this story, then you should just go with it.

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow