z

Young Writers Society

Names names names!

Which name is your favorite? ( all girls, names supposed to be original)

Sunshine
14%
Ren
43%
Rhode
43%

Total votes : 7

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:55 pm
Funkymomo says...

Hey! My friends and I are writing a book and we all came up with original names for it. I already posted a poll but wanted to post it heard to get more input on this, it's really important to me! You can vote twice so that if you like two the same you can vote for both or if you like one more you can vote for it twice

WE all tried to come up with interesting original names. Names that you could believe kids made up for themselves. Ren is 14. She's the unofficial leader of the group. She's pretty tough mentally, but about average physically. She likes to be ahead of the game and know things. I names her Ren because it's the phonetic spelling of wren and she can fly. Rhode is 11. She's athletic, smart, calm, and cool. She can breathe infinitely underswater and it imporoved athletically because she can absorbe oxygen through her pores. She's named Rhode after some greek deity. Sunshine's 8. She's a sweet little girl from the south with red hair who can talk and control animals. She's named sunshine after her hair.

Well, tell me what you think! :)

I'd also like to know what you think about the characters. What could I do to make them special? And if you want to know anything more, just ask.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:45 pm
kjr5horses says...

Sounds like a story for younger kids. Although to be honest...those names....um...

Sunshine make me think of Sunshine California, and its too generic and sounds like it was someone pet hamsters name...

Ren...although I have never seen it before...makes me think of a hen...which is just not working in my head lol...unless she is a chicken....

Rhode well lets face it the first thing tha pops into my head is Rhode Island...

So my honest opinion - These names need improving on if you are going for original ;) If you are not going for original names then they are wonderful.

KJR

P.S. Hope this helps and was not offensive...
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.
— Christopher Darlington Morley