z

Young Writers Society

Yeh... Well...

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:50 pm
Tenyo says...

I'm gonna write a series of novels, they'll be so good they'll burn a hole straight through the slush pile. I'm going to get them published under a secret pen name. Then I'm going to go into my favourite book store where my novels will be sitting there on the shelf in the corner, and when someone picks it up I'm going to smile secretly to myself and my heart will flutter a little when I think 'gosh, I really hope they enjoy it!'

I'll be one of those authors who sit there quietly typing out masterpieces on an 80's laptop in a storage-cupboard office, making enough money to pay the rent and feed myself. I'm not going to care what my parents or peers or elders think. I won't care if people think I'm wierd, a dork, social outcast or genetic miscalculation. I'm gonna write anyway, and I'll be good at it.

This is my pledge.

Your turn :)
We were born to be amazing.

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:03 pm
OutandOpenMinded says...

My pledge is really the same as yours.
I don't really want to be all that "known" to everybody, I just want them to read my book. Since I don't think I'll like being taken pictures of everywhere I go and spied on anywhere else. I just want to write and hear people's opinion about it. Then, later on, I'll go and find someone/a friend to help me draw and make myself a graphic novel :]
Progress of my Novel
Still on ARC 1 - Ch. 6
39 pages in total
17,530 words in total

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 pm
Talulahbelle says...

I'm going to make my characters real. They will live, not only in me, but in the imaginations of the readers who grow to love them. I will live also in those readers, maybe anonymously, maybe not, because I have changed them - if only in a small insignificant way. Someday my tears will fall as I feel my own words in ink, on paper, bound, no longer a fantasy. I will have people who love Vallen and Tobie almost as much as I do, who look to me for the next chapter, the next word. I will love those people with my own heart and inspire them to keep literature alive.

Egotistical? Bigheaded? Maybe.
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:40 am
WritersUnleashed says...

I am going to be the author who writes out his bookseries that is generally liked. I will then sneak into a single bookstore at night and sign every single copy, then tweet to get your signed copies there the next day, and really confuse the bookstore owners.

This is my pledge/dream/fantasy

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain