z

Young Writers Society

What Inspires you?

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:14 am
Upile says...

As a writer I have found my inspiration to come at random times and not from anything specific. It is the most inconsistent thing ever, and when it's gone my entire body feels the pang and my fingers itch begging to be used! I have suffered from writer's block several times a year and the bout gets stronger every time. But when I'm inspired, I'm a writing machine staying up until ungodly hours typing away and loving every second of it. My question is: What Inspires you? I'm curious,tell me please..:)

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 am
Gracie says...

Hi Upile

I'm quite similar to you. Inspiration hits me at random times, like an idea or a line flashes into my head. I also write a lot at night. Last year I had a really big bout of insomnia and would stay up writing and writing. Then my insomnia went away and so did my writing. It's like the taps ran dry or something.

So I guess inspiration is a fickle. It comes and goes and we don't know when it's coming or going. Like most writers I think my inspiration comes from my own life and experiences, although I think we all have a tendency to heighten and dramatize our own life in our work.
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Alice in Wonderland

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:09 am
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

I mostly just get inspired by small things. Like if I see a bird outside, it'll remind me spring is here and then I'll want to write a whole slew of poetry about spring-time! (true story, I just did that today xD).

So, I guess I'm just way to sporatic to really give reason to my inspiration. Just that it happens. I can't complain!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:48 pm
View Likes
OutandOpenMinded says...

I watch a lot of random videos on youtube and anime so those are the places where my inspiration comes.
Another is from my dreams since sometimes I do have freaky deaky dreams and I'm very happy that I wake up remembering it.

Unfortunately, my worst enemy is my brain itself. It has short-term memories when it comes to unimportant stuff and it seemed that it decided to place "ideas" in the "non-important" section.
Progress of my Novel
Still on ARC 1 - Ch. 6
39 pages in total
17,530 words in total

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:07 am
View Likes
psudiname says...

I also get inspiration at random times. when I hear somone say something, often times my mind automatically creates stories for me. I will often zone out, and when I come to, have just watched half of a story plot play out in my head. then I just start writing and fill in the gaps.
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm
NathanielC says...

I always usually seem to ask myself this question a lot. After I write something, or jot an idea down, I ask myself. "Why this?" I'm often inspired by mixed things. Emotions and music is a basic given. On a frustrating day I'll put on the skullcandies, hit my playlist and start cursing the world. Next thing I know, I have a planet of demons flying out my notebook. At other times I get inspired by moments. My first kiss, first lost loved on, first brake-up. Simple things that make the world evolve into a much softer/crueler thing. And When I take a look at the changes that I see in myself, as well as all that's new around me I just get motivated. "Why is this the way it is? How does it work? Why does it work?" Curiosity sends me on a lot of journeys that provide the best treasures of all for a writer. Experiences, ideas, and perspectives. So I guess to sum it up, for me everything is inspiration at some time or another. When and how I discover it, varies with who I am when I discover it.
"I still hold on to foolish dreams, and bash in the grin of the villain in the mirror while I call myself a hero."
~Nathaniel.C

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 pm
View Likes
Bivrax says...

I'm usually inspired from random things. If I see something, any random thing, I might get some crazy idea for a story, that turns into something great.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:11 pm
MusicAndWritingSpeak says...

Well it's the little things that inspire me the most like I could be sitting outside and all of a sudden it start raining then I could write a whole poem about that, or how about a kiss in the rain. It just sends my creativity into a frenzy of ideas to do with rain. If I'm thinking of a problem I'm having or about my first love or first heartbreak I'll just draw my thoughts of what it felt like and jot it down. I honestly don't have a specific time I write my poems and stories and song lyrics. I hate when I get writers block though it sucks so bad I've been having it a lot lately thought :(
Maybe I was the girl to shy to be loved...

oh Mr.Darcy

You sit there in your heartache waiting for some beautiful boy to come and save you- the killers

psh yea I don't need a boy to rescue me from the dragon

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:22 pm
freewritersavvy says...

Hi, I get inspired by all kinds of things. From pictures,songs, movies and books to the small and simple things like the wind, and trees. Inspiration comes in all forms.
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:28 pm
Carlito says...

Like you said in the first post, I get inspired at random times and often go through periods of writers block before I can sit down and write up a storm. I usually come out of periods of writers block when I have some time to really think about my characters and story. I'll talk to my characters (in my head :)) and just kind of chill with them marinating up there for a while. I don't know how or why the actual "spark" comes but after thinking about the characters enough I'll just really feel like writing again.

I also have the motivation that I really want to finish so I can show my weird little world to others and I don't really want to show it off until I've finished at least the first draft. So sometimes I'll be like "it doesn't even matter, just write something get something down and we'll make it good later. Once I start writing, it usually takes off from there.

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu May 05, 2011 12:37 am
View Likes
WritersUnleashed says...

Random things do. Ill just be sitting and see a bird and say to myself, "I want to write about ninja dolphins now."

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu May 05, 2011 12:41 am
fireheartedkaratepup says...

WritersUnleashed wrote:Random things do. Ill just be sitting and see a bird and say to myself, "I want to write about ninja dolphins now."

Ninja dolphins?? O.o

I'm inspired by songs, other people's stories, tv shows, things people say, whatever. It varies.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 05, 2011 8:13 pm
synismysyn3 says...

Hey what inspires me completely comes from within me. I want to be able to share my stories, share who I want to be, and share what I want the world to be like. The bursts of inspiration are sometimes random, but I want people to hear my voice. (:

Reviews: 0
Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:28 pm
Name2533 says...

Well Upile,
My inspiration comes from my friends. Since we spend so many good times togethrr in school. How the day goes is the way my stories come to life. All my characters r based off of my friends ...all their personalities and everything...my insperartion not only come from my friends but from how my day goes

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 pm
Demeter says...

At the moment, Anne of Green Gables inspires me more than anything else. xD
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage