z

Young Writers Society

So...many...ideas!

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:47 pm
ShadowKnight155 says...

Hello. I haven't been posting because I'm caught between a bunch of my ideas. I can't focus on one, and along with that I have school and a bit of programming work and goals and whatever else...

Could you guys tell me what you like? I'd do a poll, but I think I've overdone the poll thing at this point! :wink:

Story 1:
A short story about a guy who ends up traveling across the country(the USA) through an apocalyptic aftermath.

Story 2:
Two guys are on an adventure, starting in a former coal mining town during an apocalypse. (I like the apocalypse genre!)

Story 3:
A kid who lives in a small mountain village is driven insane and becomes a murderer.

Story 4:
A large town made of all wood is attacked by an enemy military.

Story 5:
A mysterious portal to another dimension(like ours with a race VERY similar to humans) is found in the woods, and soon our worlds begin to intertwine(in a cultural way).

Story 6:
A special forces unit is lost in the woods, and he must make it back to his troop and finish a war.

Story 7:
A kid is driven to suicide by tragic events and bullies. He also lives on a space ship! :smt004

As you can see, I have a lot of Ideas. A good amount for each as well. I had this long dry period of nothing, and now I'm overloaded! ~ :idea: ~

So, tell me what you think! I might have more ideas, too :!:
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

The way I pick stories to work on is figure out which one is demanding the most of my attention.

I did this frequently when I had several novels on the go at once. I'd work on one till I got a new plot bunny, then worked on the new plot bunny till the original story demanded my attention and overrode the new idea.

This didn't get me very far on each, so eventually I picked the "best" novel to be working on: the one that demanded my attention the most often. I've stuck to this story for a few years, and have a filefull of unfinished stories because I'd keep following different plot bunnies to get them out of my system. But it was just a quick binge of getting the plot ideas out of my head, then working on the "best" story.

Hope this helps!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm
Andie says...

I think you should start writing with your different ideas and then see which ones pan out, you could get three pages through one and then decide that it's not going to work. Also, I feel like I have seen soooo many apocolyptic movies/books lately so if you could hold on to those ideas but make them new and different from everything else out there then that would be great!
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
David Herbert Lawrence

The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest