z

Young Writers Society

Nervous?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 am
pandacary says...

Now I've posted stories on here before. I've posted stories online in general. And we all know that we have that thought that, 'OH. MY. GOD. I just posted something everyone is gonna hate'. I've had those thoughts but none have ever been as powerful as this one.

It's a fantasy novel and I suppose I'm nervous because it has Animals, like anthromorphic animals, and Humans. Together. And two of them are in a relationship. It wasn't meant to be... you know... but I just got the idea from my love of the novel Wicked and the Animals in it. I suppose I'm just nervous because of those reasons, but it's not like they're doing anything, if you know what I mean.

This will be my first real attempt at a real novel and I guess I'm nervous about it. I've sent it to a few friends but I haven't posted it yet. So, if I feel nervous about this, should I post it anyway or just kind of keep it in between me and my friends? I know this is somewhat of a personal choice but I guess I just want an opinion.
Nerdfighters UNITE! DFTBA!

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:33 am
romance otaku says...

Post it anyway. Worse that could happen is that you have to ask Nate to take it down. And, chances are, people WILL tear it to shreds (I know they did mine), but the journey to becoming a writer starts with one thing, and that's learning how to write. Sift through the shreds and find your style.

Good luck!
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

You can also take the work down yourself; just hit "Edit" and remove the text, replacing it with "removed by author" and the title with "removed". If you really want the text gone, you can PM a mod to have them remove any quoted text.

If you want to try and publish it, then it's pretty impossible to keep the novel to yourself. Writing romance is nothing to be ashamed of; if you post it for reviews and listen to the reviews, it should end up pretty good.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:51 pm
pandacary says...

Thanks. This is something I've honestly put a lot of hard work into, so I guess I will post it. Thanks guys! :D
Nerdfighters UNITE! DFTBA!

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:51 am
Dreamwalker says...

That and the best way to get better is to put yourself out there!

YWSer's are kind and will point you in the right direction, ne? I'm sure you know this by now ;D. You could only get better from the criticism you may recieve!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 am
WritersUnleashed says...

Seriously, you should put it up. The worst thing that could possibly happen is that it is bad. Even if it does, people will forget about it a day later. Its better to show it here first than to the world.

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl