z

Young Writers Society

What getting published means to me

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:14 pm
AWJO224 says...

I've finally done it. Ever since I started writing(sixteen years old), I've dreamed of what it would be like to have a book published, to call myself an author. And now I have that feeling. I've never been so happy, one because my book is finally published and two, because I have faith it will do well(not harry potter well of course. that' almost impossible)

I dream of success and absolutely fear failure. My dream of success is to have a book published and for it to do moderately well. I have one step down, and these next few months, the second part of my dream of success will either come true or not. I can't wait to see what happens with my book. It's so exciting. Being published means everything to me. I think I can actually say i'm happy, for real happy, for the first time in my life. I can't wait to see what road my trilogy takes me on. All i know is that I pray everyday and all I can do is wait and hope.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:25 pm
Stori says...

What's the title?

Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 pm
AWJO224 says...

Blue Destiny: They Dynamic Dynasty

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:00 am
SirenCymbaline says...

WOW! You are so lucky. How did you get published? I've always wanted to see my name in print. Congrats!
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm
tinkembell says...

Wow :D that's what I'm trying to do at the moment, was it self-published or accepte by an agent/publisher?
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 pm
AWJO224 says...

I just looked up different publishers. and i didn't do self publishing. I chose publishamerica. After I chose them I learned that they weren't as good as what I thought. They used to be. The only promblem i've had with them is that they don't edit so make sure you already have it edited and they don't advertise that much. I've had to advertise like I self published which does not bother me. I've been doing a good job so far if I must say so myself. thank you all. It is really cool seeing your name on your own book. I hope you guys get published too!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 am
Kale says...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Publish America really isn't the most reputable of publishers. They're actually a sort of weird hybrid between a vanity press and POD, only you don't make as much money per sale as you would if you went with a straight POD.

I was wondering why Publish America was ringing alarm bells, so I looked around and rediscovered this article. Another thing worth looking into is the history behind Atlanta Nights.

The main point is is that Publish America isn't exactly what it claims to be, and if you do a quick Google search with just the key terms "Publish America reviews", you'll find a lot of speculation on it being a scam.

I suggest that you steer clear of Publish America in the future, and be sure to a background check before you decide to submit to any other publishers.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:55 am
onceuponatim3xo says...

Kyllorac, that book is hilarious! If you look around on the website you can find the lulu address and read the first chapter. It's so awful.
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 am
AWJO224 says...

What book is hilarious?

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:34 am
Kale says...

I think she was talking about Atlanta Nights, which I linked to in my post.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time