z

Young Writers Society

New to novelling

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:21 am
Eniarrol says...

Okay so I have done two chapters of my novel Cold Vengeance and want to bring in the element of the other beasts in the world thing they roam in but I don't want to bring it on too suddenly, just you know confused :?
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:27 am
Rosendorn says...

I take it you're worried about making the reader pause and go "where did that come from?"

My best suggestion is to simply write it, no matter how suddenly it shows up in the story. You have multiple drafts for a reason; you'll fix it later upon revising.

My second suggestion is to write it, then post the story to YWS to see how we react. You'll also have the added bonus of getting general feedback on your work and tips on how to improve it; right now, it's hard to know how to help you because it's unclear what the issue is.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:33 am
Masquerade says...

Rosey is right. I've discovered that the key to novel writing is just writing. Don't hesitate with anything just keep writing and keep in mind that this is a rough draft. If you worry about these things you'll get all hung up on details and never get through the story. Once your done you can go back and see how it looks and then fix it up where needed.

Good luck with your writing!
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:31 am
WritersUnleashed says...

People beat me to the point. Write it. If it doesn't work rewrite it. If that doesnt work, rewrite it gain. And so on and so on, until you get it right. Good luck

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna