z

Young Writers Society

Many Opinions Needed!!!!!

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:17 am
Phenx101 says...

I am currently writing a real time fantasy novel and I am trying to lay out some details that are going to come to surface very soon. In short, the world as we know it changes as of 12/21/12. The aztecs, atlantians, and many other new more about our future and pasts than we had ever expected. The date marks the great awakening of existence in a world far greater than the one we occupy today. We have been hidden in time by these other worlds becuase a great evil has corrupted the other worlds that existed and the High Council ruled that the bloodline, that has been recorded in Prophecies, must be preserved. So the destroyed the one link that tied all the worlds to ours and sunk Atlantis to the Abyss.
So this date comes and ancient archs (stone henge, Atlantis, ect.) activate causing abnormal events to occur around the globe. Several humans are gathered by a hidden race on earth to Atlantis to close the Arch leading to Malvarine, home to the High Council.
Here is where I need some input. I want to have a High Council that helps guide the races that exist in all worlds. I first was think I would have 2 members from every race/class to make up the council. I liked even numbers and I wanted to have some variety so I had decided on having 5 races. The ones that would be definiate are High Elves, Master Dwarfs, and Humans (represent all humans). I was thinking that maybe I need to have a pair of Magical individuals so I was think of Wizards or Magicians, but I am not sure if that fits with my goal. I need some more input for some more races. I also was wondering if maybe I need to simplify how many of each race and the total of races represented at the Council, but I am not sure.
I don't want to go entirely far out because the general idea is that we in our current realm write about elves, dwarves, and dragons because they once existed in our past. We naturally think of these fantasy creatures and races because they existed so I want the races to be in the realm of natural fantasy (if that makes any sense).
I look forward to all input and hope to have many to choose from.

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:25 pm
lettersfromtroy says...

I don't think there have to be Humans in that Council. Replace them by magical forms of live, such as Elementals or something like that. It seem way more interesting to me if Humans look up to that Council as a grade they haven't reached so far.

Some suggestions for the races: Elementals (rulers of the nature), Wolves (sly tacticians) or maybe even an evil race which disagrees all the time. I think they'd mix it up the way you want to.

I hope I could help!
There are only a few things more interesting than my blog. Go check it out: http://www.lettersfromtroy.com/ - Read and comment my texts. Would love to meet you there!

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:23 am
psudiname says...

so I'm just spittballing, and you can use as many of these as you want, or none of them.
possible races:
gnomes: short intelligent creature who are always scheming
druids: elf like humanoids who are magical, especially with nature
trolls: violent large huminoids who are not as smart, but are much stronger
sprites: magical pixie like humanoids with wings
hope I was helpfull,
---Psudiname
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:10 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

Well, if you're going to involve dragons--I suggest having them in your book. Humanize them, but make them, well, like dragons--bloodthirsty and crafty, but with a certain glimmer of intelligence. Or something.

I'd also like to vote for the Elementals and wolves (maybe with a sub-race of big cats)? I dunno. That idea sounds cool, though.
My SPD senses are tingling.

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 pm
canislupis says...

Well, it seems like you're still looking for something human-like (or at least something with human-like behavoral patterns) so I'd actually vote no to the wolves and cats--they exist on earth (at the same time, if humans weren't on the council, maybe other species have similar counterparts, like elves, and that would be really cool).

So I think I'd go for something a little less known--a spirit of some kind, maybe the origin of our ghost stories? Or a sentient species from another world?

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)