Young Writers Society

Workplace?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:33 am
Roal says...

What is your Workplace?
As in, where do you like to write?

I know most of you guys like to write within your room, but for me, I can't write perfectly when I'm in my room.
It's probably due to me sharing room with my sister and loud music.

My workplace, the place where my ideas really spark, is at school in the library. I don't know why, but that place is where I could use my whole brain. Whenever I get an idea, I would go to the library and write there.

Oh, and another question.
Would you write on paper or just use the computer?

I use to type it out all the time in my room. But in the library, I don't really want to use the computers there since I don't have a flash drive with me. Paper does work on me though, it seems as though I could use more vocabulary words when I'm writing on paper rather than typing it.
Probably because I rely on the computer's thesaurus and other stuff but on paper, I have to use my brain.

That's all for now.
Thank you for replying. :smt003
14 years have passed
And yet I'm unabled
To find a friend
For my existence is lower
Than a piece of grass.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 am
Jagged says...

I write in my room or in class (bad, I know). I've been known to take advantage of long plane rides to write as well, though the fact that people can read over my shoulder then kind of puts a dampener on that.

And computer > paper. It's faster and easier to edit, not to mention more practical to carry around, in that I can do other stuff with it than just doodle/write.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 pm
Roal says...

Jagged wrote:I write in my room or in class (bad, I know). I've been known to take advantage of long plane rides to write as well, though the fact that people can read over my shoulder then kind of puts a dampener on that.

And computer > paper. It's faster and easier to edit, not to mention more practical to carry around, in that I can do other stuff with it than just doodle/write.

Yeah it is, but I don't really carry a Flash Drive with me and somehow on the computer, I never really proof read it correctly until I actually print it out on paper. D8
14 years have passed
And yet I'm unabled
To find a friend
For my existence is lower
Than a piece of grass.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:53 pm
Calligraphy says...

I would write in my room, but I share it in my brother. For poems I go outside, climb a tree and sit with my legs swinging and jot down stuff as it comes to my mind. Then I type it up later on my laptop late at night with music. I, because I have found I just can't write if my brother is sitting across from me, find myself writing in the weirdest places. Not the weirdest of locked in the bathroom, in the laundry room, or scrunched up in this space between our fridge and the wall. But, by far my favorite place to write is on my bed when my brother is for some reason gone. Usually really late at night when he is sleeping.

Paper? O.K. so for poetry I write in paper, but then later I have to put it on the computer and refine the ideas. Paper for me just doesn't work for stories:
1. I am very bad at grammar and on the computer it is much easier for me to write with good grammar.
2. My handwriting is very scrawly unless I concentrate.
3. I have no idea how much I have written on paper. On the computer I have a word count :D
4. I can type much faster than I can write. I don't know why I can type almost as fast as I can think, but when I write it takes forever for me to get my thoughts out.
5. Also when I write on paper I always seem to end up writing about fairies. That isn't bad, but I can't ever seem to follow my storyline and then I screw things up.

A. S.

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling