Young Writers Society

Plot Bunny Adoption!

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:57 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ideas for you~

> In a Tolkien-esque fantasy world, a dwarf with giantism and an elf with dwarfism work together in a library and fall in love (putting this one up for adoption because I hate doing medical research and have no idea how to depict either condition in magical fantasy races appropriately <.<)

> Person is from an alien race of cold-blooded creatures (as in, they match the temperature of their surroundings). They arrive on earth and end up adopting a child who wants warm hugs.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:29 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Oops sorry for double-posting, but @alliyah I'd like to claim:

> Person is convinced they are capable of time travel, and daily go around to historic periods of time and try to change the world. They are NOT capable of time travel.

I have characters whose heads I need to get into and this seems like a fun plot. I'll send you a link when I've written it! :D
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:05 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

I want to read that so much lim! <33
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:35 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

2 years later...

New Plot Bunny Idea -

Shameless rip off of Harry Potter, except instead of being satirical or parody, it's sincere - also it's set in modern day. Book One: Haroldson and the Secret Stone - [tagline: this kid's a magician].
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:05 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I got this off of a prompt website, but I’ve never actually done anything with it and I don’t think I will, so I’ll give it to y’all :D

Here goes:

A jaded old werewolf recently started adopting orphaned and abandoned kids. Only some of these kids are werewolves too, while others are humans, vampires, or any number of other creatures, but it doesn’t matter—once they’re part of the pack, they’re family.
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

120 Reviews

Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:35 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Sorry for double-post but I have an actual idea this time:

A fantasy story about fallen angels. When they fell from Heaven, their wings were shattered into pieces; they are allowed to re-enter Heaven if they find all parts of their wings.
Last edited by GengarIsBestBoy on Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

120 Reviews

Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:57 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

OH GOODNESS ME, it’s a triple post!

A critically acclaimed crime fiction writer is known for their incredibly realistic and detailed descriptions. Turns out they’ve been writing autobiographies this entire time.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:32 pm
View Likes
Plus-One says...

alliyah wrote:2 years later...

New Plot Bunny Idea -

Shameless rip off of Harry Potter, except instead of being satirical or parody, it's sincere - also it's set in modern day. Book One: Haroldson and the Secret Stone - [tagline: this kid's a magician].

Would serve JK right for all her shameless ripping off of others ;)
"Nostalgia's just not what it used to be..."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:43 pm
View Likes
Plus-One says...

Edit: scratch that, writing all that out made my mind race so I'm readopting it. I'll leave behind something else that I played around with in my head a while ago. (See below)

A lonely teenage MC is left all alone in the world after their mother's death. Their absent father is a professional endurance spaceship racer, nearing the end of a dazzling career that saw him perform multiple daring escapades. In an attempt to get back at their dad, the MC embarks on a mission to become a professional racer, and against all odds wins entry into a prestigious endurance race - that their father has announced will be his final race before retiring - through winning a series of wildcard events, becoming the youngest participant in the race since their dad's debut. In a stacked lineup, the dad is the odds on favourite, and is unaware of the MC's presence in the field. The MC is determined to make sure their dad will remember them and regret leaving them behind. Over the course of the race the MC is trying to catch up with their dad,all the while encountering various figures from their father's past, each with fond stories about how the dad had helped them through adversity. As the race approaches the final stages, the MC performs a daring manoeuvre that sends them surging up the leaderboard. Faced with the chance of becoming the youngest ever podium finisher, the MC receives a distress call... and it's from their father's ship.
"Nostalgia's just not what it used to be..."

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:04 am
View Likes
fatherfig says...

this is adopted right now

here is my signature

here here and here

Stori wrote:A living sword is forged in the past. Now it's found its way into the hands of a dishonest man.
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:42 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

GengarIsBestBoy wrote:A fantasy story about fallen angels. When they fell from Heaven, their wings were shattered into pieces; they are allowed to re-enter Heaven if they find all parts of their wings.

@GengarIsBestBoy
I am obsessed with anything related to angels/fallen angels/wings so I am so tempted to use this and then add this kind of char
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

120 Reviews

Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

@keystrings

if you made this I think it'd be really cool! I also really love angels :D

120 Reviews

Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:42 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

GengarIsBestBoy wrote:Guys I found this story I wrote in middle school, it’s so bad but it’s so funny

Basically the story has these two people who hate each other very very much. And they hate each other so much that they legally become arch nemeses. The process was kinda like marriage (getting on one knee, signing the papers), except instead of a ring you have a dagger to stab the other person.

I feel like this actually has potential to be a story. Like, imagine a story where superheros and supervillains are everywhere and they just do this on the regular

120 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:20 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

A team of superheros but all their powers are incredibly specific

Like, imagine having the power to summon barbecue sauce. Or the power to cry tap water. Or transmutation but you can only transform things into rocks. Or telekineses but you can only lift items made of a certain material

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:41 am
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

A former assassin goes through a redemption arc, finding new friends, purpose, and a whole life in the process. The trick is to make this part believable. You have to sell to the audience that this person is trying to become a better person. But at the end of the story, we find out the entire arc is just a scheme to get to [insert person of power] so that the "former assassin" can complete a mission... and assassinate said person.

Honestly might be more of a sub plot or something to use within a larger story, but I just had to put this somewhere, since it's been simmering in my brain for a while now.
hi

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain