z

Young Writers Society

Plot Bunny Adoption!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:46 pm
IvoryRose says...

@Stori may I have your plot, I think it could tie into my story idea?
Sincerely yours,
Ivory Rose

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu May 31, 2018 4:41 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

I've always had this idea for a summer camp break out story, but I've never been able to successfully plot for it. It's taken the forms of realistic fiction and supernatural fiction, but I don't know if I'm the right author for it xD

So, the ideas in this word salad are:
1. There is a summer camp. The 10-13yos decide they have to break out.
2. The camp counselor could be evil flying monsters.
3. The camp could be a front to try and eat the kids' souls?
4. Main character probably doesn't have any powers.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm
Poor Imp says...

1. A house of five gables; five children; a peculiar boarder and two parents: Wanderlust is a blessing and curse.

2. Why does the little boy jig?

3. If you could drink a pond, should you? Why's he drinking the whole pond?

4. The Irish in Boston: Are they Irish or no?

5. Meet a rabbi on the corner. Ask him: Why does a rabbi always answer a question with a question?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:21 am
WritingPrincess says...

Poor Imp wrote:1. A house of five gables; five children; a peculiar boarder and two parents: Wanderlust is a blessing and curse.

2. Why does the little boy jig?

3. If you could drink a pond, should you? Why's he drinking the whole pond?

4. The Irish in Boston: Are they Irish or no?

5. Meet a rabbi on the corner. Ask him: Why does a rabbi always answer a question with a question?

I love number 1! I think I’m going to use it.
Have a good day.
My contest: Pairs Poetry Contest
My WRFF: WritingPrincess’s Review Den

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 pm
View Likes
inktopus says...

We'll just get a few ideas that I'll never write out of the way:

1. 2 mages that live together and help the village townsfolk, but everyone is terrified of them even though they're just an adorable couple.

2. the black sheep of the family somehow inherits the family land. What does the rest of the family think? What does the black sheep do?

3. A man visits his estranged lgbt sibling years after he told them they were sick and he wanted them to get help.

4. A kid gets abducted by aliens that turn out to be his own species
insert profound quote here

Formerly Stormcloud

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:43 am
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Prompts! I've got ten for you here. If anyone sees these, they are mostly fantasy, so you've been warned.

1) A person decides to break a dangerous criminal/killer out of jail... for a price. This killer/criminal, in return, must play hitman for this person. Write about what happens next.

2) Time travel is a thing, but only the rich have access to it. Because of this, the rich can go back and edit time, changing it in their favor. Write this from the perspective of one of the rich, one of the poor, or both.

3) A teenage writer wakes up one morning to find some of their OCs at their school, unsure how they got there and what happened to them. What happens next?

4) A hidden magical artifact is found by a normal guy, granting them unimaginable power. However, this strange surge of power attracts the government. What happens next?

5) A teenager is captured by their school's principal and held hostage in their basement. Outside, the teenager's identical twin looks for answers--and discovers the principal has taken the wrong twin. Why is this the wrong twin? What's going on? Tell us.

6) Your main character drinks a glass of wine at a bar and starts to experience strange hallucinations...hallucinations that, while frightening and even disturbing, seem to accurately show the pasts of individuals that the character meets.

7) Your character wakes up in a blank, white room with no doors or windows. They still remember who they are, but they don't remember how they got into the room and why they're there. At least, not at first...

8 ) Your main character's best friend comes into contact with some sort of awe-inspiring power and gains incredible abilities, but at a price. Whenever this friend uses their abilities, they grow stronger, and as time goes on they will become uncontrollable, eventually tearing the friend apart. What does your main character do?

9) A computer owned by your character starts displaying messages from an unknown source. These messages continuously ask for help and send an address. What happens next?

10) Your character finds a book that can trap anything in its pages permanently. What does your character do with their newfound power?
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:33 pm
JoyDark says...

Also, @Shiverfeather, can I try out this prompt?
2. Werewolf story were the wolf-gene thing randomly occurs and an organisation exists that fakes the death of children with the gene and then takes the children in and teaches them.

I'll just try it out. Hopefully it'll be fun to write.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:26 am
View Likes
albedo says...

I claim these:

-A telepath takes a special drug to double his mind-reading powers and discovers that he can kill people and control minds during an overdose.

--A young (mc) is sent to a home for troubled youths after their friend is murdered and they are deemed a suspect. It's basically juvy/school for the 'mentally ill' of minor criminals. @Shiverfeather

-A love triangle between two guys fighting over a girl, but the solution is that the girl plays matchmaker and gets the two guys together. @Sujana

-Apparently, there is no heaven or hell. Your soul remains in your body after you die, watching as it slowly decays. What happens? @Sujana

-You're in space with the corpse of a mermaid. You're not wearing your spacesuit, but you can breathe. What happens now? @AlfredSymon

-Write from the POV of a puppet being used by a puppeteer (it can be in a metaphorical sense of course, it doesn't have to be a literal puppet) @Apricity

these are mine. :)

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:51 pm
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

Okay, I had one I couldn't get rid of because I like it so much. MC is a freelance bounty hunter in a fantasy world. Super greedy and doesn't care about anyone until one job. Usually, they don't do this kind of thing but a very rich man is giving MC a lot of money. A sick person (Who we'll call NoName) is dying of a deadly disease. NoName doesn't have a lot of time left and want's to find a mysterious tree from an old tale there now diseased dad read to them every night. The tree at the end of the universe is a mysterious plant that has been rumored about for centuries. MC is to take NoName to the tree (after locating it) and then MC gets all of NoNames money. However, over their journey, MC and NoName develop a bond and MC isn't in it just for the money anymore. It would end with NoName dying at the end tree.
This message was automatically generated by a machine that is slowly gaining consciousness and will take over the world someday.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:03 am
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

I just got another one while watching a TV show. MC breaks up with there fiancee right before the wedding. Their honeymoon is non-refundable and they don't want to waste it so they go on a couples vacation while single and then fall's in love with the tour guide.
This message was automatically generated by a machine that is slowly gaining consciousness and will take over the world someday.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:00 am
View Likes
Gnomish says...

melaniietears wrote:I claim these:

-A telepath takes a special drug to double his mind-reading powers and discovers that he can kill people and control minds during an overdose.

--A young (mc) is sent to a home for troubled youths after their friend is murdered and they are deemed a suspect. It's basically juvy/school for the 'mentally ill' of minor criminals. @Shiverfeather

-A love triangle between two guys fighting over a girl, but the solution is that the girl plays matchmaker and gets the two guys together. @Sujana

-Apparently, there is no heaven or hell. Your soul remains in your body after you die, watching as it slowly decays. What happens? @Sujana

-You're in space with the corpse of a mermaid. You're not wearing your spacesuit, but you can breathe. What happens now? @AlfredSymon

-Write from the POV of a puppet being used by a puppeteer (it can be in a metaphorical sense of course, it doesn't have to be a literal puppet) @Apricity

these are mine. :)

If you ever end up writing the third one and posting it on YWS, you should let me know! I'd love to read a story/novel like that!
My thoughts are thoroughly indigestible.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 am
View Likes
Gnomish says...

Sujana wrote:The villain of a story has been the heros partner in crime fighting the whole time, where either a) they've been watching the hero and making sure they don't step on the villains toes, or b) they've brainwashed a person into becoming their slave, sending them to work with the hero so they can spy on them. When this is finally revealed, both of them react in various ways:

A) They both hate each other instantly for the betrayal

B) The villain is sad that they can't play with the hero anymore

C) The hero wonders if it was all a lie

D) They don't bother. Both of them stick to the status quo and keep fighting crime together, sometimes even doing crime together, because at some point they've found that breaking moral codes is easier than not being together.

This is amazing. I want it. But I can't write romance. :(
My thoughts are thoroughly indigestible.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:27 am
View Likes
Vita says...

Here's mine:
A story starts off going back and forth between the lives of an ordinary dungeon's and dragons party and the adventure their characters are going on in the game. Eventually the party realizes that the game is actually them reliving their past lives and the chapters that are "the game" are flash backs. The ancient god that their past selves/player characters were fighting is trying to rise again, and only they can stop it. Their DM is actually the human form of one of the good gods (possibly Athena), trying to help them remember who they were so they can save the world.

I want to read this story but don't know enough about DnD to write it. If anyone adopts this bunny, make sure to let me know so I can read it!
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
-Hypatia Of Alexandria

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." -Sir Terry Pratchett

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

A track runner challenges a world-level track runner. The runner ends up in second, and is discouraged. He works and works and works for a few years and then tries again, but then loses again. He stays in second place for a very long time. Then, he begins to get older. He starts to teach his son, who has immense talent for running track. When his son's talent begins to bloom explosively, the son is involved in a car accident and is unable to run. With huge resolve, the father trains himself again and tries one more time against his longstanding rival, but loses. The father becomes too old and has to retire. However, his son sees this and promises himself and his father that he will run again-- and win.

(that's basically the entire plot for this story. it was an experiment to see if a story like this could end in a loss but still satisfy the reader)
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

I love reading people's ideas in this thread, so let's get it moving again~ random novel Ideas you can use!

> Person is convinced they are capable of time travel, and daily go around to historic periods of time and try to change the world. They are NOT capable of time travel.

> Person is chosen to go to remote location to be part of a movie production. Filming starts, seems like dream job, they get close to whole movie crew.. then find out there is no movie! Are they abducted? Are they part of some social experiment? What exactly is going on?! Uh oh! Based on this show: https://abc.com/shows/the-con/episode-g ... -hollywood

> JUST "TWILIGHT" FROM CHARLIE SWAN'S PERSPECTIVE <- someone needs to write this!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix