z

Young Writers Society

I have this idea... But should I do something about it?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:31 pm
Crimsona says...

When I'm boarding at school and I can't sleep, I usually think about an interesting or embarrassing thing that's happened recently in my life to try and drift off and it usually works. Last week I was thinking about what happened at this party I went too, and my crush etc etc. And some amazing plot idea came into my head, based upon what's been happening with my life recently.

I really want to do something with it, because it's an original idea that I've never heard anyone else do before. I know that if I wrote it well enough, (or more like had the time to write it) then it could work out really well.

The one problem is that I really don't have time to write it, but I know that if I don't then I'll forgot about it and never think about it.

What do you think I should do?
Avatar (c) to Thalia - A great friend of mine

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:35 am
Kale says...

Write down the idea. Make sure to include all the details. Store it in a safe place.

When you have time, you can go dig up the idea, look it over, and if you still think it's good, write it. If you've kept track of all the details, you won't have to worry about wondering "What was I thinking when I came up with this?" and can just write straightaway.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

83 Reviews

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:19 pm
Crimsona says...

Thanks Kyllorac! :)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:35 pm
LookUpThere says...

Oh definetely. Take every opportunity you get :D Besides, rather write something you can inject personlity into rather than make something out of 'nothing'. At the moment I'm fighting with my main character - Jack Gareth/Mr No Personality - because he's just so bland. And hey, maybe you could use it to your advantage ;)

83 Reviews

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm
Crimsona says...

Thanks! :) I've started to write it now, I would post it, but it's review day. I will do soon though. :)

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright