z

Young Writers Society

My first publish story .

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:04 pm
View Likes
naya says...

Okay, so like I said I'm going to publish a story about my favorite Anime but It's my own version or fan made, whatever you like to call it. If your not interest in this then don't read it but this are somethings that i would like to write about the story before I even publish it .

The genre is love/romance , comedy, violence , violence,and much more. I have created my own characters and they are the main characters. in one of my post I said that I was going to do my own punctuation marks when my story shows them I will explain them.

Also I Will really appreciated if you could tell me what you really think of it, what you like, what you like, it will really help a lot on my growth as a writer. :D Thank you!!!!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:22 pm
Kale says...

Fanfiction cannot be published. Even if you have an entirely original cast of characters, if the story takes place in a universe/world created by someone else, then it is considered fanfiction. Depending on who owns the rights to the universe/world, you can be sued for writing (much less trying to publish) your fanfiction.

Maybe you're using the word "publish" in a different sense than I am thinking. Even so, this is something you need to be aware of.

As for the created punctuation marks, why? You had better have an excellent reason for messing with grammar, otherwise readers will not bother learning this new grammar, and so will not read your story. Dropping in explanations about the grammar in the middle of the story is also a really bad idea as it completely disrupts the flow of the story.

The system of grammar we use exists for a reason. I suggest trying to use it before you go off and create your own system. It will make your writing easier to read and understand.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm
Jas says...

Hey,

I'm not really sure what you're talking about but I think your saying you want to publish fanfiction. There are some magazines that accept fan work but you wouldn't get paid for it; if you did, it would be illegal. You can post your work on YWS and getgreat feedback but unless you create your own universe and your own characters, you won't get paid for any of it.

~Jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith