z

Young Writers Society

Continue or Ditch?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:07 pm
KailaMarie says...

I wrote a novel for NaNo last year, and I've taken a break from it, but I don't know if it's worth finishing. I have most of it done, and I know how it's going to end, but if it's not entertaining, I don't know if it's worth finishing.

If anyone has extra time and is interested in reading some of the rough draft I have (and believe me, it is VERY rough) and can give me their honest opinion, please let me know. I'll give you an idea of what it's about.

This girl, Zoey, has starred in 9 plays, and every time she's in a play, she gets dumped. So when she signs up for the next play, her friend makes her promise to swear off boys for a while. Zoey agrees, but when she's cast opposite her best friend's brother (who came back from college way cuter than he left), can she keep to her promise? (Every other chapter is a flashback to her failed relationships.)

Let me know if anyone is interested. I would REALLY appreciate it. And I'll give you any reviews or point or anything you want. Haha. Thank you!
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:51 am
Molla says...

I know exactly how you feel. I won Nano two years in a row, and was too busy to do it for the past two years. But both of the stories I won with, even though I kept them and liked them when I was writing them, I felt like neither of them were interesting after I was away from them for a while.

But I love your concept! I think it's a really cute idea! I know I can't really take my own advice, but finish it. I started a novel recently and have promised to finish it no matter what. It might be hard to feel like you like writing it again, but add a subplot, or some new characters. Make it fresh and get started again!

I hope that helps. It would be easier to just give up, but I think you should keep going with it.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:05 am
Emerson says...

If you're wondering whether to continue or ditch, I had a similar question, and someone told me: it's your novel. Do what you want.

If you don't want to write it, don't! :) It's writing to make you happy, so do what you enjoy.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:33 am
canislupis says...

I would be happy to read through it and give a general opinion--don't really have time for a full critique, but I could definitely give some general comments if you'd like. :D

Or we could do an exchange--I have a semi-completed novella that I'd like someone to read once I finish the first draft. If not that's ok too--I would do it just for fun. xD

PM me!

Lupis

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind