z

Young Writers Society

Do you remember your first story that you wrote?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 am
Francis Michael Buck says...

The first story I wrote was quite literally an almost exact copy of the show Jackie Chan Adventures, with different character names and more dragons. I started it in fifth grade and after a year or so it became a completely over-the-top fantasy with just about every creature and setting you can imagine. I've actually continued working on this same story since then, which is almost half my life (nearly ten years now), and it has evolved into an epic hard science-fiction trilogy. It's virtually unrecognizable to what it once was, other than the title, Thirteen Dragons. But then even that has a totally different meaning. Originally it was referencing ACTUAL dragons, now it's just metaphorical.

Ironically that story has pretty much become my baby and what I hope to be my magnum opus, though I don't actually intend to really write it until I'm at least in my thirties (I doubt I'll consider myself good enough until then). Still, I'm always working on building up the characters, universe, and major events of the series.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you've read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:06 pm
FashionistState says...

Yeah...
I must have been 7 or 8 at the time. It was about 7 friends that found out they had magical powers and had to kill the eeeeviiiiil prince of random ruined kingdom. I barely remember the details, though I know there was a part where one of them got lost in another dimension and then fell through a portal back to the world about to bleed to death and then one of them used their amazing healing powers to save her.
Wasn't much conflict as I remember. It was a little optimist kid's version of conflict, so yeah.

It's fun trying to recall these things.

The first attempted novel was written when I was 11; it was about an elf assassin who finds out her sister has been kidnapped by a cult leader who plans to sacrifice her, then turn her into a walking corpse for her own amusement.
I gave up after the third chapter.

That elf assassin has evolved into a more rounded human character that I still hang onto for my life. ;)
... Unless it's a farm.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:55 pm
romance otaku says...

Leilani wrote:I think my first story that I wrote was a comic book >< I don't remember much of it but all I know is that I was very poor at drawing and dialogues lol and then after that my second story was about a girl wanting a puppy :p

Haha, mine too XD. In third grade.
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:08 pm
ultraviolet says...

My first story was a HORRIBLE version of The Ringbearers, which I have up now. I started writing it a little less than a year ago. So yeah, all you been-writing-since-I-was-two peoples, make fun of me, I dare you. But I've been like obsessed with writing since then, and hope to make up for lost time.

Oh, and my first version was so bad... pretty much the only thing I've been able to salvage was some of the characters, the fact that there's another world, and the kind of magic they use. Other than that, totally different. Oh, and one other thing, but there's a new concept of how that works, so technically that's different.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:33 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

If I remember correctly, my very first story was one written when I was very young. It was about two dogs (conveniently named after my pet dogs at the time) and how they loved each other and played with a ball. It was probably 40 words long, and I drew all the pictures for each page.

I remember seeing it two or three years ago because my mum had kept it.

*baw moment*

The first *serious* story I wrote, which was in year 3, was a complete rip off this small picture book about being a witch, bu shh, it's a secret. It was awful, but it was something close to 50 pages long, in 14 size font. I don't think I have it anymore.
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:05 am
miroirnoir95 says...

There are 2 I wrote in the timespan of a week in the fourth grade. I don't remember which one came first, though.

One (the one I like more) was about these two kids who fell into a sewer and were swept away to an island shaped like the moon. One of them turns into a dog and then back into a person. They're really hot (as in temperature) so they go swimming. Then they find a secret code (which, naturally, was MMRPUFLARGHH written in Wingdings) and go home. I remember it as being really dramatic, and as I wrote it I got really emotional for some reason. I think I cried when I finished the third and final page.

Oh, fourth grade me.

The other one was about a tornado. I used to have a chronic fear of severe weather so I heard there were severe storms in the forecast and spent the entire day at school panicking. One of our assignments was to write a story...related to the weather. So I wrote an eight page story about people freaking out at the sight of the funnel cloud. Half of it was "oh my God", and I got in trouble, because "some people found that expression offensive" (in the words of the teacher.)

This is making me feel so nostalgic...heehee
Sometimes I wonder if the world's so small
That we can never get away from the sprawl

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:32 am
Masquerade says...

Hmmm I'm not sure what my first one was, but in kindergarten or first grade I wrote a little story about a leopard who had no spots and got made fun of. I found it in the back of my closet a few weeks ago. I even had little scribbled illustrations of the leopards. Anyways, the leopard ends up getting his spots in the end. :smt002
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 pm
StoryWeaver13 says...

I don't remember my first story EXACTLY, but I remember that when I was around five years old I would tell stories a lot. I had a stroke when I was little, so I had problems walking and couldn't always do the same stuff as the other kids. So to make friends I started telling stories. :D After a while I started realizing that a lot of people really liked listening to what I had to say, and the way I could intricately weave so much into a short little story--hence the name StoryWeaver.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:44 pm
Crimsona says...

I'm pretty sure that the first story I ever wrote that wasn't as simple as;

'My puppy is called Harvey. He is cute. I love him' :3

was when I was in year 4 (7-8 years old). It was about a sleek black fox, trying to feed her family. I was reading it recently actually, and surprisingly it's actually not that bad! I used quite unknown and descriptive words compared to most of the other kids in my class.
Avatar (c) to Thalia - A great friend of mine

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone