z

Young Writers Society

Help Marketing Book

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:10 am
Chasmira1060 says...

Hi, all. Just published my first novel. Well, correct that--I've self-published several books in print and ebook format, and the ebooks have actually sold several copies, so I'm please with that. But this new novel, Bloodmaiden, is published with this small publisher, and it makes me kind of nervous that I haven't sold any copies yet, especially as I'm releasing another book with them; I want to make a good impression. Any suggestions for marketing are appreciated! Here's a link to the book too:
http://www.oldlinepublishingllc.com/ind ... aiden.html
Bloodmaiden; Golden Healer, Dark Enchantress; Elantra: Song of Tears, Lady of the Dawn.
Visit the author, Christine E. Schulze, of these and other unique, exciting fantasy titles at
http://christineeschulze.webs.com/

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:32 am
Rosendorn says...

This was posted in one of the marketing blogs I follow (I was very happy to see said blog on book promotion). It's got some tips that may or may not apply, mostly because it says you should start marketing your story before it gets published. Because marketing takes time, it's a really good idea to start the marketing process early. However, the articles does have tips on how to get started in marketing your novels over the web, and these tips can be applied at any time.

But what it boils down to is just talking about it, both online and in real life. Word of mouth can be a bit hit and miss at times, but it's also... what's the word I'm looking for? Tangible. There are several marketing statistics floating around out there saying that people trust peer recommendations more than any advertising done. By getting your story on the "tell everybody about this" list in people's minds, you're on your way to getting a following, getting curiosity about your story going, and getting copies sold.

Word of mouth, however, takes just a bit of time to gain momentum. So stick with it.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind