z

Young Writers Society

Waiting...

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Talulahbelle says...

Okay, I've written my novel. Editted it. Written a synopsis and an outline and query letters and all that jazz... And I've sent the specified material to a handful of agents... Now comes the hardest part.... Waiting... I'm realistic and I understand that I'm sure to get rejections back, but until then how can I wait for responses without losing my mind? Any tips?
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 am
Kale says...

Write. It doesn't have to be another novel, but short stories, poetry, etc. Who knows? You may write a salable piece during the time that you're waiting for a reply about your novel, and it can take a while for rejections or acceptance letters to come filtering in. Might as well make the wait a productive one. :P
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:23 pm
KailaMarie says...

I haven't sent anything out to get published before, but my advice for anything you're waiting for is to do anything to ignore it. Watch some movies, hang out with friends, write, anything to distract yourself, because worrying about it won't help. Then one day the letters will show up, and it'll be a surprise. :)
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

What will live longer, you or your words? Something to think about the next time you abandon a project...
— Omni