z

Young Writers Society

JulNoWriMo - Until Next Year!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 am
Wariofart says...

NOTE: I didn't really know where to put this thread, but here seemed like the best place. So sorry if this needs to be moved.

July is barely a week away, and that means one thing... no not summer fun, JulNoWriMo! Basically, this is exactly like NaNoWriMo, except well...in July. Who would have guessed?

The Goal: Write 50,000+ words of a novel (or make your own goal like me) in the month of July. More details HERE
When: July 1st - July 31st
Where: The most common website to sign up is http://JulNoWriMo.com/
Also JulNo will be right here, in this very thread! Discuss JulNoWriMo, talk about your sorrows, triumphs and other writing goodies throughout the month.
Why: Come on, do I really need to tell you? Writing your own novel.
So what are you waiting for? We'll throw in a dancing pink elephant if you join ( :elephant: ).
Use this thread for everything JulNoWriMo throughout the month.
-----
As for me, my goal is to write 25000 words in July. I know lame, but since this is my first time I will be attempting to write a novel, I want to start small. I haven't really figured out my plot yet, but I have a couple ideas. I'm sure something will come to me.
Last edited by Wariofart on Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is a song for a scribbled out name
That my love keeps writing again and again
And again"

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:41 am
Vanadis says...

I'm doing it as well! However, my word count goal is still to be determined. I'm probably going to aim for 20,000, though.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 am
Wariofart says...

Vanadis wrote:I'm doing it as well! However, my word count goal is still to be determined. I'm probably going to aim for 20,000, though.

Yay, here's your elephant : :elephant:

Do you have a plot yet? For me, I'm wavering between two I've had for a while. HArd to decide which to write.
And again"

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:59 am
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Yup, I'm joining in as well. : ) I'm going to be finishing my JulNoWriMo novel from last year, The Trouble with Titanium, because it's only about a third of the way done yet. XD I'm going for the full 50,000; because I did it with NaNoWriMo last year, but we'll have to see how it goes. XD Wish me luck~
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:43 pm
Vanadis says...

Wariofart wrote:
Vanadis wrote:I'm doing it as well! However, my word count goal is still to be determined. I'm probably going to aim for 20,000, though.

Yay, here's your elephant : :elephant:

Do you have a plot yet? For me, I'm wavering between two I've had for a while. HArd to decide which to write.

I've got two fiction novels and two just-for-fun (and for killing writer's block) fanfiction novels going. I'm probably just going to pick one and work on it. I do have to finish the FF7 one for my sister--I originally started writing it as a gift to her, and then I trashed it "without her permission." So I went back home, oh, probably a month or so ago? And she threatened me with Mom's large, four-foot-long '50s-decor wooden spoon if I didn't re-write it.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:11 pm
Wariofart says...

zankoku_na_tenshi wrote:Yup, I'm joining in as well. : ) I'm going to be finishing my JulNoWriMo novel from last year, The Trouble with Titanium, because it's only about a third of the way done yet. XD I'm going for the full 50,000; because I did it with NaNoWriMo last year, but we'll have to see how it goes. XD Wish me luck~

Sweet. That makes three! Here's an elephant :elephant: . Let's try and get at least five (maybe 10?) people here before July. Recruit, recruit, recruit!

Good luck on finishing your novel, the title has me intrigued. Since I still haven't decided what I'm going to write, maybe you guys can help me decide. Here's my two ideas.

1: Crashing Down- Raven was supposed to be a medical marvel. He was the first human embryo to have bird DNA injected into him. The doctors were certain he would have wings and be able to fly. But instead, Raven became a monster. Instead of glossy black wings, his are gray, mangled and useless. His mother died in childbirth, leaving his father with a freak. Now Raven is 16, and trying to live with his mutation, and trying to figure out why he is the way he is. But he has no idea that someone is still very interested in him.

2: Hotel Story (working title)- This story takes place during a massive snow storm, similar to snowpacolypse. Because of the snow storm, travelers who may have never meet all must stay in a the same hotel. Each one has their own reason for traveling, and their own secrets. But the hotel keeper also seems to hold secrets, and the hotel has a mysterious quality to it.

So there you have it, two basic outlines. If you want, just say which one you like better. Thanks!
And again"

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 pm
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Since I still haven't decided what I'm going to write, maybe you guys can help me decide. Here's my two ideas.

Huh, they both seem interesting to me. :) I think I'm kind of biased towards Crashing Down because I'm so fond of science fiction and character growth and development- type stories, but I'm curious about Hotel Story as well. XD I suppose it all comes down to whichever one you find you're more excited about at the moment, after all, there's always NaNoWriMo for the other. XD
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:55 pm
Day says...

Definitely going to participate.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

57 Reviews

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm
Wariofart says...

Day wrote:Definitely going to participate.

Sweet! Four down, here's an elephant: :elephant:
-----------------------------
When July rolls around, don't forget to update everyone on your numbers of words, cups of coffee, or whatever else you're tracking. Only 9 days till the big thing starts....
And again"

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:25 pm
Masquerade says...

I think I'll join too. I'll probably be working on finishing my novel I started during NaNoWriMo last year. I still need to decide what my word goal will be though.
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:00 am
Kibble says...

I wasn't thinking of doing this... but now I am. If I do, I'll probably just write one of the ideas that's been bugging me for a while. Hold the pink elephant till I decide.
:D
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:56 am
austenite says...

I'm doing it and will be moral supporting all of you! I just decided to do it then, on a whim. I love whims, and I have an idea I can use. My name on the forums is the same as on here!
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

57 Reviews

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:37 pm
Wariofart says...

WHOOPEE! How many is that *fails at counting* 7?
Let me start passing out the elephants:

Masquerade: :elephant: !
Kibble: Here's a chicken for now. :smt117 (You know you want an elephant...)
austenite: :elephant: !!! (I love whims too!)

Can anyone else tell I'm excited?! July is less then a week away, and there's still so much planning to do. Here's a quick question:

Will your story be in 1st person or 3rd? Past or present tense? I have no idea myself, but tell me what you're thinking about.
And again"

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:06 pm
ultraviolet says...

I'll join. Now I just have to come up with a story. (I've either trashed my ideas, or incorporated them into my novel that I'm not going to rush on.) I'll start with a basic goal of 20,000 since this is my first time, but maybe raise it depending on how it goes. :)
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:57 am
Kibble says...

Okay, I just realised how totally behind I am on Maths homework. I have about 17+ hours worth of backed-up homework. The question is, will adding a wrimo to this keep me sane or guarantee I go crazy?
:D
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato