z

Young Writers Society

Crying while writing.... <.< >.>

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:58 pm
nelliecarroll says...

I totally get you! I just killed off my favorite character and I feel completely destroyed! I know they are fictional but I still feel terrible. He was the only one is my story that still was completely innocent. :(

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:18 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I've never killed any of my characters off, because my stories never make it past the second chapter.
Even if I did have to kill off a character, I probably wouldn't cry.

I'm sorry to say I'm a pretty stoic person.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:25 pm
DrFeelGood says...

Haven't really written extreme emotional scenes so I haven't cried till date, but yes, I have laughed really hard while writing some funny poems/stories.
Happened particularly with a poem. I had to distract myself for a while because I was laughing really hard.

About crying, the best I have managed is to make myself emotional, but haven't reached the stage where I'd breakdown. My stories are generally non-violent so there is no chance of killing, but yes, my characters more often than not, end up in situations which are quite uncomfortable to them. It's my standard trope to draw laughs and connect with the reader.

But yes, I have to work hard with emotional scenes. I have realized that the jokes which make me laugh hard while writing are the jokes which click
perfectly with the reader, I think the same might happen with crying. If I cry while writing a scene, I can hope that my readers shall react in same way!

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:20 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I totally understand how you feel, because I tend to write the most emotional scenes ever-literally and I cry also during writing because I use it as an emotional outlet. So when I am sad and crying over this poem that I am writing about my feelings,I just let the tears drop and then I always feel better.

It's always a sad thing if you kill of character that seem like they are your friend, but you will live (be happy that this isn't real life) and I am sure that you will find writing another character that you fall in love with.
Happy writing and keep on writing!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Random avatar

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 pm
Octaclepassing says...

I never killed my characters before. It's odd, but crying while writing for me has been rare. Usually when an emotional happens I chose something alternative to express that. Overall it's different elements that do that. At least that's why I try in conveying emotions.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu May 14, 2015 4:41 am
CorruptedRoseJen says...

FINALLY PEOPLE UNDERSTAND!!~~ :D *so happy* *dances*

I don't show a lot of emotion in the real world, and surprisingly, will even laugh if, say, someone is telling me a pretty sad story (I'm weird like that. It's why I love writing). However, when I'm directly watching movies or anime or reading manga or books or anything like that, I'm often overcome by sentiments and will cry a lot. Similarly, when I'm writing, I would often laugh or go hysteric over my own writing, even if it's not even halfway decent/remotely funny. I guess, even if I'm a crappy novelist, I'm still a writer... Also, I won't just tear up when I'm writing, I actually sometimes weep uncontrollably when I'm simply laying in bed and concocting a scene.

It's weird. I guess reality hadn't been my reality for a long time now.
My room is an insane asylum, and I am the patient.

Beware of Dog signs are overrated. Beware of Writer.

Warning! Crappy author at work! Any hapless bystanders/passerbys will be sentenced to an eternity of hell by eye-hurt :3

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm
TheStormAroundMe says...

Sometimes I get sort of upset because I like that character a lot, but then I remember that their death is pushing my other characters along. Then, I channel my sadness in the Main character to make her grief sound believable.
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat May 30, 2015 7:26 pm
deleted5 says...

The majority of the stories I have attempted result in a death one way or another and I have never cried before. Sometimes I feel kind of shocked if the writing is especially good on that day.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:08 pm
ClackFlip says...

Not really, I just get kinda sad. But something interesting about fictional characters, that you can't do with real ones, is you can still have those characters around. I'm going to have to kill off one of my all time favorite characters in the book I have preoccupied myself with, but I have like three different flashback stories for this character jumping about in my brain. So no, I don't much cry as much as I just get kind of sad. There is a finality to ending a character that few things can closely imitate, like the end of a TV Show that you loved.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.
And like ash in the wind, he was gone.
The man who lived.
The myth long forgotten.
The legend that lives on.
*poof*

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 am
LesleyVos says...

I never cry when I "kill" characters. The secret is very simple: I do not let myself "love" them :) All my stories have at least one character who will die, so... no pain - no gain :pirate3:
Welcome to my small writing world! :D So many people, so many writings.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec