z

Young Writers Society

Help

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 pm
SakuraFallsSweetly♥ says...

OK, so my school is having this creative writing competition...but suprise! I have writer's block! My teacher is making all of us submit something. So I NEED an idea. Something unique, original and creative. It can be either a short story, poem or an essay. Does anybody have an idea for a plot, or an idea that's cool and creative that I could write into one of these topics? Feedback would be great, thanks. In return I will offer 3 reviews of your choice if you are kind hearted enough to help me out. (laughs)Peace out!!
The only true failure, is when you give up. ♥

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 pm
Tusker93 says...

What sort of genres do you write when it comes to stories? Romance, fantasy, sci-fi... etc. ?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 am
SakuraFallsSweetly♥ says...

Usually I write just about any genre. Mostly dramatic poetry, or funny short stories and light-hearted essays.
The only true failure, is when you give up. ♥

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 pm
Tusker93 says...

I had a couple of ideas that might be fun to write about in the context of school...

1. Perhaps write a story about an illegal/underground gambling den placed in your school which certain teachers and pupils are involved in (if you're good with your teachers or the English department's pretty decent they might find it funny) and make it really overly-dramatic and sarcastic so it's not taken too seriously so people might find that funny... but i personally think it's a bit gay

2. This is my personal favourite as it's something I did to one of my best friends:

Me and my other friend decided one day that we'd mug Jzee (our other friend).

SO Jack and I thought of a full-proof plan to lure him into it. Firstly, I had already fallen out with him and he was desperately trying to be my friend again because he'd pissed me off earlier in the week. This was because he said he'd go to drama club that lunchtime but decided not to last minute, which really pised me off... So while I was speaking to him, Jack asked to look at his phone for a little bit, as Jzee was distracted speaking some sense into me, Jack has no problems taking his phone and has no suspicion, he changes his crush's name Sarah to my name, and my name to Sarah. This way, whenever I text him from my phone it would come up as a text from her and bear in mind he really liked her at this point (okay, i sound like a bastard, but keep reading :P).

So anyway, it gets dark pretty quickly during the winter so we didn't have to wait until 7 before the streets became darker and darker, and there's a park near where he lives that had no street lamps. Before me and Jack set off, we immediately wore black hoodies, dark jeans, black scarves, black hats, and even carried sunglasses which would further conceal even our eyes!

Once we reached Jzee's area we text him saying "Hiya babe, you alright xxx ?" so we basically texted back and forth pretending to be Sarah. At this point, we pretended that we (Sarah) was really upset and wanted to meet Jzee in the park. Jzee immediately sets off for the park.

Then we text him one last time to check if he's in the park and he replies saying yes and he's waiting. So, we immediately pulled our scarves up and our hats over and even wore sunglasses so he was not able to distinguish us at all. Now, it was pitch black and we could only make our certain shapes in the park, but you can still tell when people walk into the park...

We walked to the gate and did not speak but turned our heads and slowed down at the gate. We could see him looking directly at us as there was still some moonlight... Then we walked into the gate while he sat motionless on the swing. He looked absolutely petrified. We went behind and in front of him, pulled him up from the swing and I could hear how scared he was by how quickly he was breathing and I swear I could hear his heart beating by just touching him :/ . Then, we took his jacket, his phone, his wallet, and his shirt and left him topless in the park as we started walking off.

At this point, we couldn't contain ourselves and just burst out laughing. We took our clothes off and we were like "hahahhaa Jzee!!!" and I have never seen him look so relieved or confused at the same time and I quote "Oh my god guys, it's like a weird dream." so we returned the stuff after scaring the living daylights out of him.

I guess the cruel joke was that he was expecting to meet the girl he really liked in the park, but instead two of his best friend's mugged him :smt005 .

Dunno, if it's suitable but... there are my 2 ideas :P.

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence