z

Young Writers Society

The Guardians (The Characters)

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm
theobserver12c says...

Here are the characters of my new story The Guardians. I'm not going to tell what it is about just yet. So please tell me what you think about my characters. :)

Spoiler! :
The Guardians

~Name: Yume Komeda
Guardian of: Water
Appearance: Image
Personality: Shy, polite, strong willed
History: Parents are going through divorce. She is upset about it so she stays with her grandma instead of them. Just wants her family to be one big happy family.
Talents: She is a gifted artist and very smart

~Name: Blake (Mike) Bowers
Guardian of: Fire
Personality: He is a hothead, he acts tough, he has a short temper
History: Mom is a never there for him. He feels neglected by her. His dad left when he was 7 and never calls to see how he is. He just wants to be loved.
Talents: Is a black belt

~Name: Jennifer Wagner
Guardian of: Air
Appearance:Image
Personality: She is a rebel, she has a little attitude, She doesn't like to make friends; afraid she'll lose them if they really knew who she was
History: Her mother is a work-a-holic so she is always busy. Jennifer finds her comfort in music.
Talents: A singer

~Name: Jack Smith
Guardian of: Earth
Personality: He is smart and quiet. Doesn't like to be bothered
History: Moved to Burnsville a few years back. He kept to himself, spends most of his time at the library
Talents: Is a genius

~Name:Angela Davis
Guardian of: Haven't yet found it
Personality: she is funny and loves to play jokes. She is very beautiful
History: She was raped by her step dad when she was 8 and haven't yet healed from it. She tries to repress it but can't. Its hard for her to trust anyone anymore.
Talents: She is a dancer

The Dark Ones

~Marim
Guardian of: Darkness
Appearance:Image
Personality: Mean, strong, wants all of the power to herself
History: Was once a Manadite until she wanted Magic to be all hers. So she was banned from the Gardens never to return. She plots her return to take over the Magic.

~Lirtim
Guardian of: Darkness
Personality: Is confused of his purpose and his magic
History: Is the brother of Marim. He secretly hates her.

Tell me what you think. Can't wait to read it?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:16 pm
Blink says...

*Moved to Writer's Corner*
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:05 pm
Tusker93 says...

I don't know whether you'll think I'm just complaining, being harsh or giving you a valued opinion but here goes anyway...

They would probably sound like interesting characters and I understand you using anime pictures to make us try and imagine what they're like but in all honesty, if I was you I'd try my best not to resort to anime pictures to show what a character should look like. They're personalities are all so different though, and it'd be interesting to see how they meet, react, bond and go through conflict.

As for, 'cant wait to read it?' although I am into the urban fantasy stuff, you haven't really shown me enough of the plot to make me really intrigued to read...

The 'Guardian of the elements' and the Fire, Water, Air etc. just pisses me off big time now unless it doesn't have substance in a very interesting and original plot. For the love of God do NOT make a 'Chosen One' who has a secret mystery power that saves the day when nobody in the book expects it and yet those who are reading will...

But about the anime style, I can sympathise because when I write, I tend to think of the characters in an anime/manga sort of way to help visualise; but the challenge in making characters like these with the magic of the elements idea is to have a REALLY original and interesting plot to make us want to read it.

Once you have that originality in your plot which makes your fantasy stand out from others, it doesn't matter what format you use; you're on to a winner.

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee