z

Young Writers Society

progress report napalmerski

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 pm
napalmerski says...

I joined YWS on September 23rd 2009, and since then have progressed considerably. At least so it seems to me. After writing half a dozen short stories and having had then dissected by obliging users, and reading some of the posted tips, I learned important stuff about dialogues, commas, paragraphs etc.

I wrote a short fantasy novel, a full length postmodern thriller novel, a postmodern biblical novella, two novelettes for kids, and am now planning my next moves. Three or four steps come to mind: a full length epic fantasy, a sci-fi book, a suspence-horror book, and an action-adventure book. After this, at least so it seems to me now, I would be able to say that I am on the verge of becoming a convincing and not onesided author.

This week I started giving all my stuff one last edit and sending it away to various agents and publishers who accept email submissions and are looking for weird stuff. Perhaps as I grasp the basics of non-degenerate/surreal fiction, I'll be able to send stuff to more mainstream people. No response from anyone so far by the way, but from what I've read things happen in really slow motion in the industry. At the rate things are going I'll have written the four planned books mentioned above, before anyone answers me. Although keeping in mind what crazy amount of time and effort it takes to make a quality 'final edit', perhaps I'm wrong.

And so, for now this is my general progress report. Hail YWS!
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:47 am
Bickazer says...

Wow...you're amazingly prolific. I'm in awe.

Best of luck getting published. ^^
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:49 am
Krupp says...

Man you're making me look bad. I'm still stuck on the one thing I've been working on since late 2009 hahaha
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber