z

Young Writers Society

Screnzy idea

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 am
peanut19 says...

This year I'm doing Script Frenzy and I'm looking for input on my idea I have for it. I like the idea but I was wondering if you could add anything to it, or if there are any questions after reading the summary. Or if you would watch it as a screenplay. Here's the pitch:

The Currans are a quite well to-do society family. Everything seems to be going perfectly in their lives and they are quickly climbing to the top of the social ladder. Then their daughter Alisabeth (Lissy) winds up in an asylum, ranting about "the city killed with water" and "the man clothed with shadows."
After an initial scandal and several weeks' worth of defamatory newspaper articles, Alisabeth is forgotten and the Currans move on. Some time later (anywhere from a month to a year), a nearby city is destroyed in a devastating flood and the youngest Curran children, River and Ian, are kidnapped by a man in a jet black trench coat. Where Alisabeth’s predictions just coincidence or did she have a gift beyond the sane’s comprehension? Will her parents be able to get the truth out of their forgotten daughter before their sons meet their end?

I just need some opinions so anything you have to say would be awesome :)

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:30 am
Rosendorn says...

*Moved to Writer's Corner*

Feedback-

Scandals like that aren't just "forgotten"; there's a reputation attached to them that nobody seems to forget. In Canada, it took... I think it was seven years, for one scandal to be dropped from parodies. The bad name still lingers in that political party.

Daughters are also not forgotten. There'd be lingering whispers, and maybe looks at the rest of the family to see if they're showing signs of insanity.

My suggested time-span is 6 months. Long enough for the public to "forget" about the scandal (not truly forget. Remember what I said before) but short enough that they could make the connection between their daughter's comments and the current situation.

I'd also tweak "perfect." Nothing ever really goes perfectly.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor