z

Young Writers Society

Shades of Violet

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:01 am
Valentine says...

Here is where everybody that reads Shade of Violet can suggest ideas for the story. Please give me all your ideas. All the extremely pitiful ones will be cast aside. I need you guys.

Enjoy:
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain- TDK"

-My Bloody Valentine Reviews-

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:12 am
Valentine says...

One: The colors of their tattoos will be important. Why they are colored which way is a secret.

Two: They will be compared to somewhat of a superstition. It is a play on words that been said already if you are really smart.

Three: I'm not solid on who get's what power yet, or who gets a power. I need some suggestions on powers for the characters. Thanks.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a villain- TDK"

Random avatar

Reviews: 136
Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 am
fiction903 says...

Some ideas for powers are...
1. They are psychic and they can read peoples minds.
2. They can fly and they can move things with their mind.
3. They can evolve into different animals.
4. They can talk to dead people and or bring people back form the dead.

Another idea for their superpowers is that the colors dictate what element of the earth they can control like wind, water, Earth and fire. I think it is a pretty basic premise. Tell me what you think. I hope that helps. Fiction :smt003

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:34 am
Valentine says...

no offense, but all those powers are really boring and cliche. I will use colors for something else. (wink) Keep on thinking.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 am
Hippie says...

Can't think of any original powers off the top of my head. Just one thing is that it would be good if the powers are as much a burden as a help. It seems that's what you've done with violet; she can freeze people, but the cost is that she can't touch anyone. If someone could see the future for example (cliche I know), they would have to see their deaths and their friends' deaths, which would be very upsetting. Don't just give them some superpower without a corresponding weakness/burden. May the force be with you.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:24 pm
Valentine says...

Perfect idea. I'll definitely use that.Thanks.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:20 am
Hippie says...

So It's looking now like these tattoos and powers are part of some sort of conspiracy, and they're sending people to keep watch disguised as nurses.

Just thought I'd say, in case you hadn't thought of it yet, how important it is to make sure the government or organisation responsible has a good motive for doing so. All too often I read stuff on here where the villains are doing things for the sake of providing the hero with adversity, and don't have their own goals that stack up. Make sure you know what they hope to acheive by giving students these marks, and why they chose those particular students (It must be expensive and risky for them, so they wouldn't just pick randomly).
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

34 Reviews

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:41 pm
Valentine says...

Hmmm....I wasn't necessarily going to have the marks be what you said...but it maybe be a good idea. Yes, the villains haven't really showed up yet. They will, both the student antagonists and the other people

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:16 pm
Sionarama says...

heya valentine! I have already PMd u a while ago with my boring powers sooooooo I REALLY hope you'll put them into concideration....
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus