z

Young Writers Society

Want to make a living with your writing? Here are some tips.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 pm
RainWanderer says...

I have just got a very interesting newsletter from an entrepreneur writer who write about many unconventional ideas. The newsletter I got is about how to pursue your passion of writing and make a living in the economic crisis at the same time:

The Writer's Guide to Money and Passion

Some more tips from him here

Hope that help for anyone who have a thought about living as a freelance writer.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm
MiaParamore says...

Thanks RainWanderer, I ahd been thinking about this topic only for awhile. But I think my work is not too great to get published.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm
RainWanderer says...

You can post your work on a blog, or a social network to get people know you and your writing. Then after that, depends on the readers' opinions, you can decide:

1. You could go on and making a living out of it by asking them to donate for you so you can live and continue to write :D
2.Just continue writing for the fun of it and let people read for free. Who knows, someone might be nice and want to give you some gifts for you being so nice, giving them quality writing for free.

In both case, you would get your name out there, and it is always a good thing for any kind of business.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights