z

Young Writers Society

Book Idea!

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:36 pm
SakuraFallsSweetly♥ says...

Hm...this one is rather random but give me feedback anyway! Ha ha. OK here goes:

OK so my main character's name is Ash. He is seventeen years old and ever since he was a little kid he felt a disconnection with others. He'd always wondered why his dreams usually happened the next day or so, or why he looked at a person whome he'd never met and knew their life story. He met a group of others, all of which had the same thing as he did. They were not witched, vampires or any mythical creature really. They were just people on the outside, but they had a power. Some would say gift, they preferred curse. It wasn't necessarily psychic. It was the knowledge of all destiny to all existence. They knew how everything would end, much beyond the capability of a psychic. They had more power than that, they could see their own deaths, and choose to avoid. They could save another if they knew something bad was going to happen to them. They wanted to figure out the reason they were put on earth and see if they could change it from a horrible tragedy that would soon strike.

LOL! So freakin cheesy right? It's okay, you may laugh. I did! :lol: Anyways please give feedback guys! Love you all! Mwah! :) xxxxxxx
The only true failure, is when you give up. ♥

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

I think it's a interesting idea that should be approached carefully. It can lend it self to being cheesy easily, but it can be done. For one when the gifted people meet orchestrate that in a realistic way. If you've ever seen Heroes season 1- I refer to that. They met each other in the most unexpected ways and sometimes just walked on by without realizing that the person next to them was the same.

What I'm warning against is your main character Ash getting into trouble and then they dropping in to save him.

You're kind of vague with your summary, but from what I can tell you seem to be on a ok path. Just make sure their power to see the future is unique.

I only question on thing about that. Why would they call it a curse. They can't accidentally kill someone. It's basically just knowledge. That being said, I think you should set up a price for their power. That way they can really consider it a curse.

I think the idea is valued and if approached in the right way could be really good.

Phoenix
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:19 pm
Hippie says...

I foresee a big problem. If the characters can see what's going to happen, what are you going to do for suspense? Maybe you could make the viewpoint character unable to see the future, but one of the other characters can. That way you can still keep the basic idea and still be able to feed the reader info in a way that will cause drama and suspense.

I guess you could do it from the character who can see the future's POV and only give the reader slight insight into their minds, but I think that would throw up too much of a barrier, and reeks of plot convenience.

Either way, if you could work out the wrinkles I'd be interested, but I think it's definitely a story where mystery and suspense will be critical, which means sorting out the aforementioned problems is a must.

Good luck.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14