z

Young Writers Society

My Purge

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:21 am
KSAnderson says...

My Purge is the name of my fantasy series of six wondrous books I am trying to write. I am trying to bring back Tolkien style writings and literature, works like the Lord of the Rings. The first book will be titled, "The Travels". I will begin with the first chapter, I hope you guys like it!
Kevin S. Anderson; Aspiring Writer

"You must remember that everything happens for a reason."

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:42 am
Wolfdaemon says...

id read it :) i love tolkien.
You do well to believe in God. Satan also believes...and trembles.James 2:19
http://dragcave.net/user/Roma-Gypsy
^ you should so click this.... :)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:23 am
Jennafina says...

Moved to Writer's Corner! The Fiction forums are for posting your actual stories, not just talking about them. :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:23 am
KSAnderson says...

My Purge: The Travels
Chapter 1: Tales of Old

Consumed in shadow the creature of Mordeth stood before the High King of Men, draped in darkness, a black crown sitting upon it's head, it lifted it's dark blade and thrusted it toward the King of Men, cutting the King's arm as he fell to his knees, the creature stood over the King as if night had taken. He spoke to the King, his ill words fell upon his thoughts, 'Fall before me man.', but the King threw up his sword and returned, 'You were once a King of Men as I am. You were once a proud and strong king. But now no one remembers your true name, for it has been forgotten, even from your mind, for all who know you, know you as "The Dragon". Not as a man, nor a king.' But the fell creature felt no sorrow in his words and swung his sword, finishing the King of Men. The Dragon crept over to the King, still alive, the Dragon grabbed a small blue diamond from his pocket. Taking a few steps from the wounded king, the Dragon faced a black throne, on it, sat a black helm, the Helm of Mordeth. A browned haired man rushed into the throne room, finding the Dragon facing the black throne, and his dear friend laying on the floor, crushed and broken. Thaeron kneel before Faedus, 'My dear Faedus. Keep your strength my friend.' Faedus's grabbed Thaeron, bringing him closer to him, 'Thaeron.. take my spear.. finish it.' The King of Men faded into another realm, and a tear fell upon his cheek. Thaeron picked up his friend's spear and roared, the spear pierced the Dragon in the head, burning the creature, the Dragon ripped out the spear and wave of shadow consumed the throne room, knocking over Thaeron.
Thaeron stepped to the black throne, his eyes locked on the Helm of Mordeth, he draws his sword and crushes it over the helm, a dark force knocks over Thaeron and shatters his sword. Thaeron awed of the power of the helm, gathers his thoughts and takes three diamonds, one of blue, one of purple, and one of white. Thaeron traveled many months, arriving in the ancient elven city of Edsel, there Thaeron met with his dear friend King Ileldur, Elven King of the Mira(which were Elves in the East), Ileldur hugged his old friend, and brought him into another room, 'Thaeron my friend. What have you come to me for, in these joyest times, as I hear evil has been defeated!' Thaeron responded quickly, 'Indeed these are joyest times. But I am here to give you these...' Handing over the white diamond and the purple diamond, Ileldur was overwhelmed, 'The Amulet of the Great Ones(Angels), and the Amulet of the Pure Ones(Elves), oh how did you Thaeron?' With a smile, Thaeron gave his friend a nod and left into the world... wherever it would take him. And so, the elder days were gone, forgotten from all thoughts, days of peace had taken over and the days went on, long and well.
In the mist of the graceful and wondrous years that went by, the day of days arrived, the seventeenth birthday of Eomir, Son of Eodim. Gatherings of all in the village of Ren, neighbors, relatives, friends, distance friends, friends of all kind. Few hours before the party, on the long road came an elderly chap, he had a long grey cloak, a pointy hat, a gold staff, and a shield. He came slowly and humbly down the road, until reaching a small house, it's chimney roared black smoke, the old man knocked on the door and a yell from within came, 'I TOLD YOU! ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE PARTY! GO ASK TORBIN!' As stubborn as he is, the old man knocked again, another yell came and another elderly man opened the door, 'Why you! Oh.. Gaerwn, You came! Well come in my dear Gaerwn!' The wizard stepped in slowly, 'Thaeron you old fool. I would not miss it for the world.' The two of them sat down inside, Thaeron set down two mugs full of ale, and both of them sparked a pipe, Thaeron chuckled and look out to the sky, 'The finest weed in all the land... I bet you that.' Gaerwn laughed and the day went on, never a more finer day.

(( This is all I have for now. Comments! ))
Kevin S. Anderson; Aspiring Writer

"You must remember that everything happens for a reason."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:55 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hi!

Might I suggest you post the actual story part of this (the post right above mine) in the Literature section? You'll get more comments. :) This forum is for talking about your story, not posting parts of it.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone